Inside : 27 teenage daughter quotes that offer inspiration and advice, including quotes that celebrate the bond between mothers and teenage daughters.
Being a teenage girl is a special experience in a number of ways. It’s a period of rapid growth and learning, and it can be overwhelming and even scary. As a teenage girl, there are numerous unique challenges to face when it comes to body image, college decisions, friendships, and relationships. As a mother raising a teenage daughter, you face your own challenges in helping her make the right choices and navigating these sometimes difficult times.
Mothers and daughters have a very special bond, and the teenage years tend to be a transitional time in this relationship.
These teenage daughter quotes are motivational and helpful for teens who might feel a bit lost. Inspirational quotes for teenage daughters from mothers can be very useful for mothers who are struggling to find the right thing to say to help their daughters.
Teenage Daughter Quotes
As a teenage girl, you are learning to be more adult, learning how to stick up for yourself and others, trying to make smart choices, struggling with mental health issues, and trying to have a positive body image. This is all overwhelming for one person. These teenage daughter quotes are a reminder that you are strong and never alone.
- “Imperfections are beauty, madness is genius, and it’s better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.”—Marilyn Monroe
- “We cannot all succeed when half of us are held back. We call upon our sisters around the world to be brave – to embrace the strength within themselves and realize their full potential.” —Malala Yousafzai
- “Remember: high school isn’t about finding your future husband, it’s about finding your bridesmaids.” —Unknown
- “Being a teen can be tough. Just try to surround yourself with really good friends that really have your back, and also be a really good friend to those who really care about you. If you’re not sure about certain things, talk to your friends that you trust and your family.” —Victoria Justice
- “So many people try to grow up too fast, and it’s not fun! You should stay a kid as long as possible!” —Vanessa Hudgens
- “I think the hardest part about being a teenager is dealing with other teenagers – the criticism and the ridicule, the gossip and rumors.” —Beverley Mitchell
Inspirational Quotes for Teenage Daughter from Mother
Throughout our lives, we will look to our mothers for help and support, but it is during the teenage years where we can benefit most from our mothers’ guidance. As teenagers are developing a sense of self and are deciding who to become as they grow, it’s always nice to have advice from a woman who went through the same experiences. Any advice you can give your daughter to help her feel strong and capable goes a long way, including these inspirational quotes for teenage daughters from mother.
- “In order to be irreplaceable, one must always be different.” —Coco Chanel
- “Happiness is a choice, not an achievement. Nothing will make you happy until you decide to be happy.” —Ralph Marston
- “There is no greater gift you can receive than to honor your calling. It’s why you were born. And how you become most truly alive.” —Oprah Winfrey
- “The greatest mistake we make is living in constant fear that we will make one.” —John C. Maxwell
- “The power of can’t: The word ‘can’t’ makes strong people weak, blinds people who can see, saddens happy people, turns brave people into cowards, robs a genius of their brilliance, causes rich people to think poorly, and limits the achievements of that great person living inside us all.” —Robert T. Kiyosaki
- “Talent is cheaper than table salt. What separates the talented individual from the successful one is a lot of hard work.” —Stephen King
- “Failure is not the opposite of success, but a stepping stone to success.” —Arianna Huffington
- “Every time you can find humor in a difficult situation, you win.” —Unknown
- “You must begin to think of yourself as becoming the person you want to be.” —David Viscott
- “The woman who does not require validation from anyone is the most feared individual on the planet.” —Mohadesa Najumi
- “Confidence is not ‘they will like me.’ Confidence is ‘I’ll be fine if they don’t.”—Christina Grimmie
- “Your self-worth is determined by you. You don’t have to depend on someone telling you who you are.” —Beyonce
Mother Daughter Relationship Quotes
There is no relationship quite like the one that mothers and daughters have, which is why there are so many mother daughter sayings. A mother starts to see more of herself in her daughter during her teenage years, and there is pressure to help her avoid the same mistakes and to make the right choices. It is both a difficult and a beautiful time for both mother and daughter.
- “Mother is a verb. It’s something you do. Not just who you are.” —Unknown
- “Life doesn’t come with a manual. It comes with a mother.” —Unknown
- “Dear Daughter, If I could give you one thing in life, I would give you the ability to see yourself through my eyes.” —Unknown
- ““There were times when…I didn’t have a lot of friends. But my mom was always my friend. Always.” —Taylor Swift
- “By the time a woman realizes her mother was right, she has a daughter who thinks she’s wrong.” —Unknown
- “To my daughter. Never forget that I love you. Life is filled with hard times and good times. Learn from everything you can. Be the woman I know you can be.” —Unknown
Quotes for Teens Without Mothers
Living without a mother figure is difficult for many reasons. Navigating your teenage years without a mother is a uniquely painful experience, but solace can be found in a number of ways. Those who are coming of age without mothers might feel that they don’t have someone to seek advice from or to look up to, but hope can always be found in friendship.
- “A mother’s love is always with her children. Losing a mother is one of the deepest sorrows a heart can know. But her goodness, her caring, and her wisdom live on-like a legacy of love that will always be with you. May that love surround you now and bring you peace.” —Unknown
- “When you don’t have a mom, sometimes you feel as if you missed most of the important moments, or that you are not living a normal life…To the girls who don’t have their mom, it will be okay. We all have our days of sadness, but just remember, there’s many moms out there to help us.” —Danielle Amster
- “My mother is a never ending song in my heart of comfort, happiness and being. I may sometimes forget the words but I always remember the tune.” —Graycie Harmon
More Ideas Teenagers Will Love
Raising teenagers can be hectic and stressful, but it can also be a lot of fun. These ideas for family photos with teens and teen home design ideas are great ways to inspire and bond with your teenager!
- 53 Creative Ideas for Family Photos Teens Will Love Gathering for family photos can be pretty hectic, especially if kids aren’t too keen on it. This list of creative ideas for family photos with teens includes cool locations and a variety of poses that will make for a photo your family will cherish for a lifetime.
- 87 Aesthetic Teen Bathroom Ideas Decorating for teenage rooms can be overwhelming since there are so many options. Likewise, when parents and teens differ on opinion, things can get difficult. This is a list of bathroom ideas that teens and parents will be able to agree on!