Inside: 57 Teen Bathroom Ideas You’ll Love
What is the trick for designing a teen bathroom that kids will not outgrow within a few years? We think the secret is to create something that feels both youthful and grown-up. Functional features combined with fun colors or patterns are one way to get the job done. The following teen bathroom ideas share playful tips for designing a bathroom that the entire family would love using.
We have designs for girls, boys, and every size of bathroom you might have! Check out our favorite ideas and let us know what you love!
Tips for Decorating a Bathroom for Teens
Teenage bathrooms can be of various shapes and sizes. A well-thought-out design makes the bathroom practical but fun!
You should remember the main elements of the interior of a teen bathroom:
Window Treatments and Walls
The first thing you’ll want to do is start with the walls and windows. Will you be applying a fresh set of paint or wallpaper? Do your windows need blinds, shades, or curtains? If applying a paint color, pick a color that lines up with your teenager’s color preferences. If installing wallpaper, pick a texture or design that is one of their favorites. It’s hard to pinpoint what colors a teenager would like as times are changing, so every circumstance will be different. If painting, use a semigloss paint that will do well against humidity and chipping. If your teenager is on the artsy side, encourage them to paint their design on the walls for a unique look.
Depending on your teenager, organization and storage could rank either high or low on their list. As I teenager I know I needed to have everything clean and a certain way. For teenage girls, you can buy storage containers for their makeup, toiletries, and other hygiene items. Keep items in reach such as hand towels, lotions, and hair care devices. You can even consider adding a separate vanity for them to get ready in the morning and night. Teenage boys, on the other hand, are very simple. A basic bathroom will be just about all the storage they need.
Shower Curtains and Linens
Let your teenager pick out their shower curtains that go with their theme or color scheme. This could be neutral colors, dark shades of blue, green, sports themes, music, etc. Some show curtains now even have storage pockets that can hold body washes and shampoo. Also, don’t forget to match body towels and hand towels of the same color.
Light and Other Accessories
You can now replace boring lighting fixtures with modern designs or chandeliers. Add your teenager’s favorite decor such as artwork, plants, pottery, etc. You can boost the aesthetic of their bathroom by adding coordinated rugs, toothbrush holders, and soap dispensers. For an eye-popping touch, you can even paint the frame of their vanity mirror below the lighting.
Teenage Bathroom Decorating Ideas
These fun, colorful, and totally functional teen bathroom ideas are just a few of our favorite designs.
1. Colorful Pop Wallpaper with Black
2. Flower + Botanical Theme
3. Bright Colors and Mixed Patterns
4. Muted Pops of Color
5. Bright and Clean Layout
6. Neutral Shared Bathroom
7. Modern + Classic Theme
Teen Girl Bathroom Ideas
Girls’ bathrooms, unlike other rooms in the house, should not be “afraid” of the variety of bright and pure colors and expressive decor. Being in this functional zone, teens should experience only positive, and enthusiastic emotions. After all, the regular procedure of brushing teeth and bathing is not the only activity of the girls. They always use their bathroom as a part of a fun game.
8. Preppy Style with Gold Accents
9. Tons of Bright Colors
10. Fun Lip Wallpaper
11. Unique Mirror Set Up
12. Mixed Patterns and Bright Colors
Small Teenage Girl Bathroom Ideas
Small bathrooms can be tough to design. On the one hand, because they are compact, you save money on materials because you are using fewer materials. On the other hand, small bathrooms are small, and no one likes being cramped.
13. Ladder Storage Idea
14. Black, White, and Pops of Yellow
15. Fun Focal Mirror
16. Sophisticated Small Bathroom Design
17. Ton of Shelf Storage
Teenage Girl Bathroom Decor Ideas
Check out a few of our favorite teen bathroom decor ideas and accessories. From bath mats to shower curtains, designing a unique space is all in the detail. These fun decor items are packed full of fun colors, trendy designs, and everything your teen is looking for in their space.
18. Flower Shaped Bathroom Rug
19. Beaded Wall Decor
20. Positive Framed Quote
21. Brass Toilet Paper Holder
22. Pink and Orange Bath Mat
23. Polka Dot Shower Curtain
24. Sunrise Trinket Dish
25. Brass Towel Ring
26. Printed Laundry Basket
Teenage Girl Bathroom Accessories
You can let your teenager express themselves by helping pick out decor options, window treatments, storage, and many other features that a bathroom needs. To pick out what’s best for their bathroom, you can sit down with them and have them pick out the color schemes, organization ideas, and other inspirational components.
These functional teen bathroom accessories are perfect to make sure your teenager’s bathroom not only stays organized but meets all their needs.
27. Hair Dryer + Straightener Holder
28. Bath Towel Hanger
29. Rainbow-Colored Bath Towels
30. Glass Bathroom Containers
31. Pink No-Slip Bath Mat
32. Wicker Canisters
33. Small Makeup Mirror
34. Brass Colored Trashcan
35. Organizing Shower Caddy
Teen Boy Bathroom Ideas
If you’re remodeling or installing a bathroom for boys, you’ll want to peruse options for boys’ bathroom decorating. Playful accessories with favorite characters plus fun, functional storage will give you plenty of options, ensuring that your boy’s bathroom design will be an efficient, handsome space.
36. Sophisticated Superhero Bathroom
37. Craftsman Vanity
38. Green Vanity with Fun Accents
39. Old School Bathroom Decor
40. Sophisticated Nautical Theme
41. Grown Up Star Wars Bathroom
42. Teen Boy Bath Decor
43. Navy Decor Theme
44. Rustic Boys Bathroom
45. Black and Natural Wood
46. Industrial Themed Bathroom Decor
47. Simple Boys Bathroom
Modern Teenage Bathrooms
If you’re looking for more of a modern touch of your space, then these modern teenage bathroom ideas might be more your style.
48. Modern Inspired Girl Bath
49. Simple Modern Bathroom Design
50. Bright Colored Modern Bathroom
51. Fun Modern Bathroom
52. Pink and Brass Bathroom
53. Patterned Wallpaper Modern Bathroom
54. Modernized Bathroom Idea
55. Ultra Modern Design
56. Vintage and Modern Twist
57. Teen Bathroom with Modern Design
More Ideas Teenagers Will Love
If you love these fun and functional teen bathroom ideas then check out a few more fun posts with fun and creative ideas for teens.
- Teen Party Game Ideas – There is a lot that needs to be done to plan a party that teens will love, for instance, food, music, location, maybe even a theme. But another one of my favorite ways to turn up the good time is by making sure to have tons of games readily available for when there is that awkward low in the party. Throwing in a game helps break the ice and get all the teens involved in the fun. From board games to classic teen fun here are our favorite hilarious teenage party games.
- Dinner Ideas for Teens – Teens quickly tire of the same old same old and want something new and exciting for dinner. When you are looking for family dinner ideas that will satisfy a teen’s taste preference it can be difficult. Not only that but, with the amount of hunger the average teenager experiences every day they require food that will keep them full longer. This is where these dinner ideas for teens will come in handy.
- Self Care Ideas for Teens To Combat Stress – Self-care refers to the deliberate activities we do in order to meet our physical, emotional and mental health needs. When we hear about self-care, it’s usually in reference to adults. However, let’s face it, teens are under a tremendous amount of pressure. They can also benefit from practicing regular self-care! Many teenagers are drowning in school assignments and extracurricular activities. They are preoccupied with getting good grades and joining enough clubs and teams to stand out when it comes time to submit college applications.