Inside: Ultimate guide to the number questions game.
If you are looking for a fun icebreaker that will help you get to know the people you hang around with a little better, then look no further than the number questions game! This is a super simple game that you can play with just a pen, paper, and some friends.
This game is perfect for people that you want to get to know a little better or for people who you have known for a long time. It is highly personalizable, so whatever your case, you can pick the questions that go along with it best. If this game sounds interesting to you, then you are in the right place.
I have put together a guide to the Number Questions game that will teach you what it is, how to play, and some tips on how to win.
So what do you think? Should we dive in? I think yes!
Table of Contents
What is the Number Question Game
I think this is a great place to start. The number questions game is essentially a game of questioning the people around you… but in a fun and friendly way. You make a list of questions and number them, and then you have your players pick a number, and they have to answer that question.
The normal way to play this game does not have a point system or a winner. But the edition I am talking about today DOES. Which I think makes it that much better because having a reason to play and a goal to get to makes it that much more fun.
This game is on par with many of the classics like truth or dare, never have I ever, and so on. But this one does require a little bit of planning beforehand. So I wanted to go over how to play in a step-by-step fashion, so you don’t miss a thing.
How to Play
So the rules are simple: Go around having each player pick a number and then answer the questions that correlate to it. When a player answers a question truthfully, they get a point. When a player does not want to answer a question, they do not get a point.
Depending on the severity of the question(aka simple or intimate), you can decide how many points it is worth. You can write down the number next to the question; then, when you go to read it out, you can say, “for 3 points…” and so on. I think this adds a fun layer to the game and can help people who are behind to pull ahead.
Though the point of this game is to get to know each other, sometimes answering questions can be very triggering so it is very important that you respect the privacy of the people around you and don’t push too hard with the deeper questions.
Step One: Come up with questions
You are going to want to write down each question in a numbered list. That way, the person can just pick a random number and then answer the question next to it. You can come up with personal questions, funny questions, anything you can think of, really. I would say you should write down at least 30-40 questions.
Step Two: Gather Around
Next, you have to have everyone sit in a circle. This is to make the game feel more intimate. Even if you have a perfectly good table, I still recommend sitting on the ground. This will help people to not feel so form and get right into the comfy cozy atmosphere that this game is perfect in.
You can make it extra special by making sure that everyone has drinks and is comfortable. Be a good host!
Step Three: Ask the Questions
Go around asking the person going what number they want. If they choose to answer, they get the point; if they don’t, the next person goes. Like I said above, don’t push too much when someone doesn’t want to answer. It can be confusing when playing a game like this, but make sure that everyone is feeling comfortable and not forced to answer if they don’t want to.
When the questions have all been asked, the game is over. Take a moment to tally up the points. The winner with the most points wins. You can have a little prize for them or maybe give them special perks for the night or something.
10 Tips and Tricks for Winning Number Questions Game
Playing the number questions game seems simple on the outside, but mentally it can be very complex. I wanted to give you some tips and tricks to help you win the game. So let’s get into it.
1. Start Slow – Keep in mind at the very beginning that there are many questions, and if you turn down one in the beginning, you may be setting yourself up to have to answer a question that you don’t want to answer.
2. Listen to Yourself – I think that the biggest thing here is to listen to yourself and the way you are feeling. If you really don’t want to answer, you don’t have to. But if you want to win, you may want to listen to the tips below.
3. Don’t Take Yourself Too Seriously – I know this can be so hard, especially around new people. But the truth is that life is much to short to worry about what people will think.
4. Let Go Of Fear – In all honestly, being truthful about things that are slightly uncomfortable can be so powerful. It can inspire others to do the same. I am not saying that all the questions will be hard, but when they are, let go of your fear.
5. Lean into Your Friends – Look around and think about how you are cultivating new and deeper friendships than ever before in your life.
6. Remember that you are in a safe space – You can share what you need to know and the people you are with will support you no matter what, even if you wet the bed until you are 12. Just me? That’s okay.
7. Be vulnerable – Being vulnerable opens yourself up to deeper connections with the people around you, so it pays off.
8. Laugh It Off – When you come across a question that you get nervous about, just let out a laugh and answer it anyway. This will help you to push through and get those points.
9. Express How You Feel – If you aren’t feeling comfortable enough to answer, just talk about it, and maybe your friends can help hype you up.
10. Have Fun – I know that all of these tips sounded a little serious, but they really are the best tips to win. Since this is a game, not every question will be all deep and personal, but the ones worth the most points. So it is important to consider these tips when playing.
I hope you loved this guide to understanding the Number Questions game. I think that games like this make the world a little brighter and your friendships a little more connected. If you liked this and are interested in continuing the fun with some more, I have so many recommendations for you.
Connecting with people and making new friendships can be a very scary thing, but it can also be super exciting. I think adding an icebreaker like this one is a great idea at any sleepover or house party because it gets people talking.
And isn’t that what it is all about?