Inside: Most popular prom themes that you can choose from for a magical night.
Prom is one of the most magical nights in a High Schooler’s life. They get to dress up in their fanciest gowns and tuxedos and spend the night dancing to music that makes them feel like they are in a movie.
What’s more, is the THEME.
Every prom has a theme, and that theme will help set the vibe for the entire night. Some themes are romantic; others are whimsical. If you are on the planning committee, you have the unique responsibility of coming up with the theme for the prom.
There are many to pick from, but I wanted to help you out by making a list of the most popular prom themes and giving you examples and inspiration for each one. So take a look at the list below to see which one you will be experiencing this year!
Most Popular Prom Themes: Enchanted Forest
First up, we have one of my all-time favorites; the enchanted forest prom theme. This theme is whimsical and magical; you really will have the night of your life if you pick this to be your theme.
Take a look at all the different ideas that you can include at your enchanted forest prom!
1. Photo Backdrop Idea – A photo backdrop is an absolute essential if you ask me. You are going to be taking a million photos, and there will be a photographer present. Of course there needs to be a back drop.
2. Magical Mirror Wall
3. Cute Snack Table Idea
4. Adorable Photo Opt Idea
5. Cute Welcome Sign – A welcome sign is one of those little touches that is often overlooked. But I think these little touches come together to create a wonderful night, so don’t miss out on them.
6. String Light Entryway Idea
7. Light Blue Waterfall Idea – How cute is this little waterfall? I can’t get over it.
8. Soft Photo Idea
9. Magical Enchanted Forest
10. White Lantern Idea
Masquerade Prom Theme
Next up, I have a mysterious idea that I know everyone will love. It’s a masquerade prom theme! Everyone has seen Hilary Duff’s Cinderella movie. They include a Masquerade prom that literally knocked my socks off as a teen. You HAVE to recreate that if you have the chance!
11. Epic Entryway Idea – The entryway is the first thing that people are going to experience when they are getting to the prom, you need to make sure it looks good.
12. Cute Red Carpet Idea
13. Mask Decoration Idea
14. Mask Table Idea – This is a cute idea. If anyone doesn’t have a mask or if they loose theirs, they will be able to come to this table and get a new one.
15. Mask Food Table Idea
16. Great Gatsby Idea
17. Adorable Couch Idea – If people want to chill out, or take cute photos sitting down, this couch is an adorable idea. Take a look.
18. White and Black Masquerade
19. Phantom of the Opera – Phantom of the Opera is one of those well known masquerades that you just have to include.
20. Perfect Background Idea
Most Popular Prom Themes: Hollywood Prom Theme
Sometimes, you just have to spend a little time in Hollywood. This prom theme will make you see what I mean. There are so many good ideas on this list below. Each is unique in its own way. Wait, so instead of prom king and queen, do we just hand out Oscars or what?
21. Red Carpet Hall of Fame
22. Oscars Table Center
23. Hollywood Enterance Idea
24. Red Carpet Candy Bar
25. Star Walk Idea – I love this idea because it is basically saying that the students are the stars, and that is the whole point of the night.
26. Balloon Tape Deck Idea
27. Beautiful Center Piece
28. Gold Frey Photo Wall
29. Now Showing: A Night To Remember
30. And The Oscar Goes To
Starry Night Prom Theme
I think this is one of the more beautiful prom themes. It’s full of so many twinkling lights, it will make you fall in love and never want to leave! I think this is a real winner. Okay, what am I saying…they are ALL real winners. This is rough!
31. Beautiful Compilation of Starry Night Prom
32. Long Hanging Light Strings
33. Shooting Star Idea – I think this is a super cute idea that would make your prom feel complete. What do you think? I am obsessed!
34. Under The Stars
35. Blue and Gold Themed Room
36. Cool Table Ideas
37. Moon Projector Idea
38. Twinkle Light Tunnel – A light tunnel…are you serious? How cute is this!
39. Cute Moon Background
40. Fancy Table Set Up
Arabian Nights Prom Theme
Here I have a classic prom theme that I just couldn’t leave out. Though this isn’t my FAVORITE idea, it’s still very magical and cute. There are lots of colors, and you just can’t beat the gold accents. This will be a fun night, for sure.
41. Cute Entryway Idea
42. Bright Food Table Idea
43. Purple Idea with Lamps
44. Colorful Arabian Nights Theme
45. Tent Ideas for Prom – I love this tent idea.
46. Arabian Balloon Arch Idea
47. Epic Entryway Idea
48. Cute Snacks Table Idea
49. Floor Pillow Ideas
50. Gold Fabric Idea
Fire and Ice Prom Theme
Alright, I am finishing up this list with a fire and ice prom that you will absolutely love. This is a super popular theme that has been around for decades. There are many different ways to achieve this look, but the ideas below are a great place to start.
51. Fire and Ice Theme Hall – You just have to check out this awesome themed hall. They really went all out. This is a wonderful example of what good planning looks like.
52. Fire and Ice Table Set Up
53. Mood Lighting Idea
54. Cute Lit Entryway – I have said it before and I will gladly say it again, having a cute entryway is the key to an all around great experience. What do you think?
55. Red Fire Table Idea
56. Unique Colorful Decor
57. Red and Blue Ceiling Decor
58. Classy Table Set Up
59. Blue and Orange Curtains – These curtains give you the opportunity to transform a space with very little effort. Plus they would be really simple to DIY, so you could save money as well.
60. Fire and Ice Dresses
61. Cool Balloon Arch
It’s going to be super hard to choose, so I don’t envy you. But I am jealous that you get to experience your prom for the first time this year.
I hope that it is as magical as mine was. I have been out of High School for years now, and I still think about it! The prom theme was Starry Night for me so that one has a special place in my heart.
If you need some help choosing more prom ideas, why don’t you check out some of my other prom ideas that I know will blow you out of the water? Seriously!
I love planning things; I just wish I could have been on the committee when my prom was being planned. But hey, I am making up for it now.