Inside: Why take just corsages when you could have trendy prom bouquets instead?
When it comes to prom, dresses are usually the first thing to come to mind. But they are only one part of this magical day. A good flower bouquet can make or break your outfit and your photos.
Coming up with bouquet ideas can be pretty hard, especially when you have so many other things to think about: Shoes, Dress, Hair, Makeup, Jewelry…the flowers are easy to overlook.
That’s why it’s awesome that you found this article before the panic set it… I am here to help. I have created a list of Trendy Prom Bouquet Ideas for you to look through.
You are bound to find inspiration for your own, perhaps a photo to send to your prom date for inspiration and you can even order some of these online.
If you are interested in making your own bouquet, then stick around to the end where I walk you through a simple step-by-step tutorial on how to create your own DIY bouquet for prom.
You can use the ones I included on this list as inspiration.
This way, you can make EXACTLY what you were imagining.
Before we get into that though, let’s go over a brief history of what Prom is and how it came to be such a time-honored tradition.
The History of Prom
Prom was invented all the way back in 1928 by a guy named Otto Rohwedders. The name Prom is actually short for the word Promenade, which means to parade your guests around in a formal setting.
Kind of like a coming-out ball.
You get dressed up in your finest clothes and present yourself to the public at a social event. This began in colleges to help promote social etiquette amongst the class that was graduating. Now it has continued on and has switched meanings a bit. These days, the Prom is something for high schoolers to celebrate during their final years at school.
It gives them something to look forward to, and something to get all spiffy for seeing as there aren’t many things that require a ball gown or fancy dress to attend. It’s all for good fun and to make memories!
Now that we understand how Prom came to be and what it has transformed into, we can get into the good stuff… the bouquets.
This first list is a wonderful mix of different styles and textures for you to look through.
Number 6 is my current favorite, but whichever one you decide on will be the one that will best accent your dress. If you are here as a boy looking for inspiration for choosing your date’s flowers, even better!
Just remember to keep in mind that your bouquet should have at least one color that matches your scheme. They even have sets of flowers, lapel flowers, and corsages.
1. Baby Blue & Peach Bouquet
2. Cute Small Bouquet
3. Hydrangea and White Roses
4. Cotton Candy Colored Flowers
5. Unique Beautiful Flowers
6. Elegant Bouquet with Multicolored Roses
7. Pastel Pink Flowers
8. Multi-colored Blue Flowers
9. Light Spring Flowers
10. Whimsicle White Flowers
11. Vibrant Flowers with Purple Ribbon
12. Red and White Flowers with Red Ribbon
13. Vibrant Succulent Bouquet
Handheld Bouquets for Prom
14. Purple and Blue Flower Bundle
15. Dried Flower Bouquet
16. Wild Flower Bouquet
17. Cute Chamomile Bouquet
18. Colorful Flowers
19. Simple Bouquet with White Ribbon
20. Lavender and Chamomile
21. Bouquet with Black Roses
22. Burnt Orange with Eucalyptus
23. Beautiful Spring Flowers
24. Pink, Purple, and White
25. Lemongrass Silk
26. Sunflower Bouquet
27. Red and Blue Bundle
28. Fall Colors
29. Orange Cala Lilies
30. Babies Breath Bouquet
Bouquets From Etsy
31. Red Roses with Babies Breath
32. Purple Rose 3 Pc Set
33. Peach Flowers
34. Succulent Bouquet
35. White Dahlia
36. Pink and Orange Bundle
37. White Roses with Burlap
38. Blush Mini Bouquet
39. Green and White Flowers
40. Triple Succulent Bouquet
41. Eucalyptus Bouquet
42. Simple Green Bouquet
43. Rustic Bouquet
How to Make a Prom Bouquet
Creating your own bouquet is actually very easy, and can save you quite a pretty penny! You only need a few supplies and very little skill. Before we get started on how to create it, you’ll need to go out and buy:
- Flowers of your choosing – Make sure that you have flowers that go with your color theme. You can also choose some accent flowers to help add some depth and texture. A good rule of thumb is to have one kind of the main flower, and then some smaller ones to use as accents around it. Use the photo above for example. They use roses as the main flower, and Babies Breath as the accent flowers.
- Ribbon – Ribbon is for the handle. This will make it much easier for you or your date to hold onto when taking photos. Otherwise, you risk getting cuts or having your flowers fall all over the place. Having a good handle will keep your flowers sturdy and put together all night.
- Scissors – To cut the flowers into the same length
Step One: Cutting
Lay all of your flowers out, then arrange them how you think you will want them to look when finished. Then take your pair of scissors(the sharper the better), and begin to their stems until they are all the same length.
Step Two: Assembly
Next, you’re going to want to bundle your flowers together. Pick them up and arrange them how you want them to look when being held. Be careful as to not squish the flowers or hurt yourself if you have any flowers with thorns. They are sharper than they seem! Once you think you have exactly what you want them to look like, move on to step 3.
Step Three: Securing Them
Lastly, you want to secure them with your ribbon. A good way to keep it tight and clean-looking are to start wrapping at the top. Take your finger and hold the ribbon near the top of your bouquet stems, making sure to leave at least 4-5 inches of extra at the top(this will be used to tie and secure the bouquet at the end). Start rolling it down the stem. Keep it tight! Continue to roll it up and down the stem until it has reached the level of thickness that will be both comfortable to hold and will hold your flowers together securely. Make sure to bring your ribbon back up to the top where you started, take that extra piece we saved in the beginning, and securely tie a bow. Voila! All done.
More Ideas You and Your Teen Will Love
- 8 THINGS YOU SHOULD STOP DOING FOR YOUR TEENAGER – When your child is becoming a teenager, the role you have been playing needs to be adjusted. This can be so confusing because you just want to be there for your teen, but they need to start learning to take care of themselves. They’ll be out of the house soon after all, and when they are they will be better off knowing how to do their own laundry! To help get you started, here is a list of 8 things you should stop doing for your teenager. Check it out!
43+ GORGEOUS GRADUATION NAIL DESIGNS – If you’re kid is going to prom, then their graduation day is coming up quickly. Similar to bouquets, graduation nails are often lost in the sea of tasks that lead up to that big day. So take a look at this list of over 43 of the cutest graduation nail designs out there to get started.