Inside: Fun wild western day spirit week ideas you will love to wear.
If you’re not new here, you know that I am a spirit week fanatic. I just love it! It was my favorite part of high school, and it brings up nothing but fond memories for me. Because of this, I like to keep spirit week in my life in every way that I can. For now, this looks like giving this new generation of High School and Middle Schoolers the best spirit week ideas.
Today I am covering western day spirit week ideas that I think you need to see. These will help give you the inspiration and the motivation to have the best week of your life.
I guess I should probably start by explaining what western day spirit week is. Otherwise, you may show up to school expecting there to be tumbleweeds and old-timey food.
What is Western Day Spirit Week?
If you have made it this far in your school experience without a single spirit week, that saddens me. But at the same time, you are truly in for a treat. Spirit week is a designated week during the school year that consists of different themed days that students get to participate.
There are many different themes that can be selected to cover the 5 days. This is why I like to write about as many as I can. Schools get to pick their 5 themes, and though there are some more popular ones, the themes can vary.
Western Day Spirt Week is a day when students come to school dressed as what they think a western look is. Some kids come looking like they’re from an old western film, and others look like they just came in from a rodeo. It’s all about what you want.
Below you will find some wild west inspiration that will prepare you. These are perfect regardless of if you are in High School or Elementary. Saddle up, Cowboy!
Western Day Spirit Week Ideas
First up, I want to show you some prime examples of western day spirit week outfits that you can pick through to help create your very own. I hope you love these! Even if you don’t, spirit week isn’t about being cute. It’s about getting out of your comfort zone and being wacky.
1. 3 Best Friends – I wanted to start the list out with this example because it’s simple and sweet. What do you think? I am pretty obsessed with it.
2. Simple Bootcut Outfit – Here is an example of someone who went super simple with a country western outfit. They used bootcut and southern style to bring out the theme.
3. Button Up Cowgirl Ideas – These girls went full horse-riding cowgirl mode, and I am here for it. I think the red bandanas are a beautiful touch.
4. Plaid Button Up with Overalls – Plaid is always a great way to go, as you will see it littered throughout this list.
5. Yeehaw Outfit Idea – This group of girls all match by having their own cowboy hats. I think this is a super simple way to fit under the western category.
6. Chic Western Idea – If you can’t help but want to go chic, I totally understand. Sometimes you just have to listen to your gut. Check out this idea if this is you.
7. Rodeo Outfit Idea – I think a good rule of thumb to remember is that if you could wear it to a rodeo, it’s perfect for the western day.
8. Best Friend Cowboy – I don’t know about you, but I am not a very country western-oriented person. So something as simple as Romeo and bootcut jeans is a stretch for me.
9. Plaid Oversized Shirt with Cowboy Hats – Oversized plaid shirts are just perfect for this hilarious day. Maybe show up with a piece of wheatgrass between your lips, and you will win for sure.
10. Classy Cute Western Idea – You can be western and still be classy. If you were worried about that, this is the idea for you.
11. Striped Long Shirt Idea – Long shirts are in. This girl really understood the assignment. She went with an understated look that screamed western.
12. Boho Western Idea – Here, I have a very boho western look. Her simple boots and regular jeans make this look a little more elevated.
Classic Cowboy Outfit Ideas
Next up, I have some classic cowboy outfit ideas that I think you are going to love seriously. These range from simple to hilarious, so there is something for you at any phase you are at. I also made sure to include subtle ones. This way, you have a better chance of using what is in your closet.
13. Classic Country Girl
14. Epic Cowboy Outfit
15. Wrangler Jeans Outfit
16. Perfect Country Girl Outfit
17. Soft Flowy Shirt Outfit
18. Red Shirt with Hat
19. Western Day Ranch Idea
20. Snazzy Country Fit
21. Light Pink Western Outfit
22. Cowprint Outfit
23. Longsleeve Cowprint Shirt
24. Carheart Jacket
Wild Western Day Spirit Week Ideas
Lastly, I have some wild western day spirit week ideas for you to look through if you have yet to find a style you like. I know that you will find something below that will work for you, just give it a chance! Take a look!
25. Simple Country Idea – You don’t have to make it crazy for it to be on theme.
26. Country Girl with Belt Buckle – The belt buckle is a very large part of your outfit, no pun intended here, but it is an easy way to fit under the theme.
27. Flat Hat Idea – I think that this is more of a luminaire’s style of western, but I am here for it.
28. Country Outfit with Hat – I think the hat is a must-have for many reasons, the biggest of which being that you don’t have many other chances to wear a hat like this confidently.
29. Retro Wranglers – You may have to go thrifting to find a pair like this, but it isn’t impossible.
30. Light White Hat Idea – If you want to use your at after the spirit week, look at this one.
31. Huge Bell Bottoms – These pants crack me up. But I will say that they are perfect for this day.
32. Big Pants Classic Combo – Big pants for the win again.
33. Clean Western Look – If you are a chic person, let that shine through your western day outfit. Take a look at this example.
34. Big Belt Buckle – I have said it once, and I will say it again, big belt buckle for the win.
35. Not My First Rodeo – I think this shirt says it’s not my first rodeo, and that is hilarious and perfectly western.
I hope these western day spirit week ideas got you pumped for the week ahead of you. Remember that even if the themes don’t reflect your personal style, that’s all the better. You are trying to get crazy with it, not conform. You will be adorable either way!
Sometimes the best thing you can do for yourself is to give yourself the space to stop caring about what other people think of you. I know this is kind of hard when you are in high school, but it is a worthy cause.
If you have 4 other high school spirit week ideas to prepare for, you should take a look at my arsenal. I have lots of awesome ideas that you will benefit from. Check these out.