Inside: 50 Self Care Ideas for Teens To Combat Stress.
With all the challenges we have faced in the last few years, as well as the normal stress of being a teen, it can be exhausting. Not only exhausting, but it can also take a toll on your day-to-day mood and emotions. So, instead, it’s a good idea to take care of yourself with a little bit of extra self-care.
Self-care should happen frequently so you can recharge your batteries, mood, and spirit!
We know how it feels to be under a lot of pressure as an adult, so imagine how your teen feels with schoolwork, sports, and their social lives. It all takes time and energy. Giving them some positive self-care ideas is a great way to encourage them to add them to their routines!
Teenagers, like everyone else, are searching for their identity. These ideas will help your teens feel more independent and comfortable taking care of themselves. Let’s dive into these ideas!
Self Care Ideas for Teens
1. Get some rest and relaxation.
2. Relax in a bath or shower.
3. Visit with your neighbors, friends, or family members.
4. Head to the movies and indulge in some popcorn or candy!
5. Lose yourself in a book.
6. Go to a coffee shop.
7. Bake some cookies, brownies, or a cake.
8. Visit a florist and buy a bouquet of flowers.
9. Sing karaoke
10. Try a workout video
11. Make a new recipe.
12. Lay on a hammock and take a nap.
13. Get a pedicure.
14. Go to the park and swing.
15. Make some homemade sugar scrub.
16. Do a craft.
17. Spend time journaling.
18. Pray or spend time meditating.
19. Listen to a motivational podcast.
Self Care Activities + Ideas for Teens
20. Hop in the car and go for a cruise around town or in the country.
21. Pack a picnic and get some fresh air.
22. Make a dream board and plan a vacation or something fun to do in the future.
23. Do some fun new makeup styles.
24. Create a YouTube video or TikTok.
25. Organize your closet or clean your bedroom.
26. Get some clay and create a vase or something fun.
27. Teach yourself how to knit, sew, or crochet.
28. Go shopping!
29. Create a new music playlist.
30. Put together a puzzle.
31. Go to a waterpark or swimming pool.
32. Have a pillow fight.
33. Play a game with friends like basketball, football, or baseball.
34. Spend some time doodling.
35. Color in an adult coloring book.
36. Go to a spa and get a massage.
37. Gather a bunch of inspiring quotes.
38. Set goals for the week, month, or year.
39. Test drive a new car.
40. Go to the bookstore
Check out these amazing self-care books!
41. Clean your car and add a new air freshener.
42. Paint something, walls, furniture or a painting.
43. Adopt a new dog, cat, or another animal.
44. Join a club or group to meet new people.
45. Head to the beach.
46. Do something that makes you laugh…a lot!
47. Do something kind for someone.
48. Make a new piece of jewelry like a bracelet or necklace.
49. Make homemade gifts for friends or family.
50. Start a gratitude journal
More Fun Ideas for Teens
If you like these Self Care Ideas for Teens, then check out one of our favorite hair trends for teenagers.
Feather Hair Extensions are Back – Add some extra style to your hair by adding in some fun and playful feather hair extensions! You can add all sorts of colors and styles to give yourself an updated and unique look.