Inside: Top crazy hat day ideas of this year.
These spirit week themes just keep getting crazier and crazier; first, they have a crazy hair day, and now a crazy HAT day? When does this craziness end? I am not sure it does. But at least we are having fun!
Though crazy hat day has been around for a while, I thought the ideas that are floating around could use a little bit of revamping, don’t you think? So today, I am going to go over the best crazy hat day ideas for 2023. Moms this year are really going hard, and I love it.
Take a look at this list to get some inspiration for your next crazy hat day. Whether you are the student or the parent of a student, these ideas are going to help you a lot when picking what you are going to do for your hat for spirit week! Let’s get into it.
Fun Crazy Hat Day Ideas
I thought I should start this list off with some fun, crazy hat ideas. These are hilarious, and you can buy most of them as they are, so there is minimal effort for maximum output. I think more parents and students would agree that this is the best way to go. Let’s take a look and see if any of these hats are for you.
1. Elf Hat Idea – You can never go wrong with the classic elf hat. These are simple, recognizable, and lots of fun. They are some of the cutest hats you can have!
2. Taco Hat Idea – Yep, a taco hat. I repeat, a taco hat! If you love food, the next few hats are for you. I just kept finding one food-themed hat after another.
3. Hot Dog Idea – I am pretty sure that all hot dog lovers are going to absolutely love this hat. Plus, it’s hilarious; you literally cannot go wrong with it. You seriously need to take a look at this!
4. Pizza Hat Idea – I think that all hats need to be pizza hats from now on. This is something that the president needs to sign off on; I am this passionate about it.
5. Burger Hat Idea – Now if you thought the other food hats were cool, you are going to freak out when you see this burger hat. It has everything that you want for a crazy hat day!
6. Ice Cream Hat – I think this hat goes with the one below it. Have you ever dipped your french fries in ice cream? It’s salty-sweet and so good.
7. McDonald’s Fries – This hat wins; I don’t have anything else to say except that. Wouldn’t you agree?
8. Deck of Cards Top Hat – This is a cool one that you’ll have to DIY yourself, but I think it would be worth it. I think the more effort you put into your hat, the cooler it will be.
9. Repunzel’s Tower Hat – This is so cool I cannot even express this enough. This one idea could also double for crazy hair day, but it is just so cool that you could wear it two days in a row, and everyone would love it.
10. Cloud Hat – Who says having your head in the clouds is a bad thing? This person took it literally, and they looked happier than ever!
11. Hershey Kiss Hat – No, this is not a crazy alien conspiracy person…it’s just a little boy who is killing the crazy hat day game!
Unique DIY Hat Ideas
Next up, I have gathered some of the most unique hat ideas that you will ever see. Some of these are just downright hilarious, so I know the other student will absolutely love these. Some you can buy outright, and some you will have to DIY, so it is up to you what effort level you want to work with.
12. Ratatoulle Hat Idea
13. Coke Bottle Idea
15. Pink Balloon Funny Hat Idea
16. Fruit Loops Hat Idea
17. Sweet Crazy Top Hat Idea
18. Popcorn Hat Idea
19. Crazy Garden Hat Idea
20. Jurassic Park Hat
21. Candy Hat Idea
Best Crazy Hat Day Ideas
I saved the best for last because that is what you are supposed to do. I am a good storyteller; I can’t help it. These crazy hat ideas are guaranteed winners, so I think you should waste no time checking them out. Which ones do you like the best? I think the S’mores hat is pretty great.
22. Cup of Noodle Hat – I am honestly pretty hungry while writing this, so this hat is looking pretty good to me right about now. I mean, a cup of noodles…come on!
23. Crazy Balloon Hat Idea – This one is the weirdest hat on this list. I’m not even sure if I could even call it that, but I had to include it all the same because it is just so cool.
24. Planet Hat – His hat is a literal planet. I don’t know if it gets much cooler than this. If you are a little astrologist, perhaps this is the hat for you.
25. Kid At Work Hat – This is perfect for those of you who have kids that love to work and school work, that is. I think this DIY is just so cute and perfect for a crazy hat day.
26. Skittles Hat Idea – Yep, you can turn skittles into a hat, and it’s easier than you might think. It just takes a little time and effort, and you can look this cool for your crazy hat day!
27. Dunkin Donut Hat Idea – Yum, this is the coolest hat that I have ever seen. What do you think?
28. S’mores Hat Idea – If you love s’mores, then I think you only have one option here, and that is this idea.
29. Legs Hat Idea – I have never seen a hat that will get more laughs than this one. Who even came up with this? Bravo to them, just wait until you hear the whole classroom dying of laughter.
30. Rubik’s Cube Hat – Rubik’s cubes really require all the brain power you have, so a Rubik’s cube hat makes sense. The closer you are to your brain, the easier it is to figure out, duh!
31. Sushi Hat – If you love sushi, then this is the hat that you have been waiting for.
I think that should just about cover it. I have to hat it to you; these are pretty great. Okay, sorry, that pun was too cheesy, even more for me. I’ll just have to see myself out.
But before I do, I thought I would offer my expertise in some of the other popular spirit weekday ideas. There are so many different themes it can be hard to keep up, but with these lists, you will be covered. Plus, I find it so much fun coming up with more ideas, so I think you’ll enjoy these.
Crazy hat day is one of my favorite spirit days because you can really make it your own. Whether you want to buy a silly hat or if you want to make one yourself, it’s up to you. So get out there and have fun with it.