Inside: Find Fun First Date Ideas for Teens Who Might Be Nervous.
Let’s be real, it is not easy to come up with date ideas for teens. From finding an idea that isn’t awkward to making sure it doesn’t cost a lot of money, you’re pretty limited on ideas. Don’t worry though, we’ve come up with some really genius first date ideas for teens.
Some first dates are as simple and easy as going out to dinner and getting dessert, while others involve staying at home to cook together, playing games, watching the sunset, and having a movie night. Teenage couples may want to do something special and unique, especially for an anniversary.
If you’re really nervous, you may even want to think about a double or group date scenario where your friends can support you.
Whether it’s summer, winter, spring or fall, you can pull off a cute first date that will result in a great time. To spark your creativity and give you a head start, we’ve compiled a list of the best date ideas for teens. From making her dinner to watching the sunset at the beach, explore these cute date ideas to find fun activities and places that are affordable for teenage couples.
First Date Ideas for Teen
1. Take a Walk
2. Go Thrift Shopping – Hit up a couple of thrift stores and search for some hidden treasures. This is a great way to get a sense of your date’s style and sense of humor. And no matter how the date goes, you could end up going home with some cool stuff.
3. Visit a Museum
4. Swap Hobbies – Splitting the day between your favorite activities is a great way to get to know each other. Each of you picks one of your favorite ways to pass the time and share it with the other. After a meal break, the next person gets their turn.
5. Check Out a Carnival or Amusement Park
6. Escape an Escape Room
7. Go Skating
Good Date Ideas for Teens
8. Visit an Animal Shelter – Nothing spells cute and expresses love better than dogs. Why not choose to take your date to play with puppies for free? To an animal lover, there is nothing better than getting to spend some valuable time surrounded by a bunch of animals, be it dogs, cats, rabbits, or cattle at any time of the day.
9. Attend a Sporting Event
10. See in a Drive-In Movie – Seeing a movie isn’t generally ideal for a first date since it’s pretty difficult to have a conversation in a crowded theater. A drive-in, on the other hand, allows for a little more privacy so you can chat about your favorite scenes without bothering anyone else.
11. Hit Up a Botanic Garden
12. Visit the Zoo
13. Go Dessert Hunting – Take it upon yourselves to find the best dessert spot in town. Going from place to place on a tour can have you sampling deserts while making small talk.
14. Go on a Bike Ride
15. Bounce Around in a Trampoline Park
16. Do a Park Picnic
Date Night Ideas for Teens
17. Play Arcade Games – Dig up all the quarters and dollar bills in your couch and bags and take it to your local arcade with your date.
18. Go on a Photography Walking Tour – This first-date idea can easily be DIY-ed. Take your smartphone and go for a walk and talk while taking pictures of what you like. Then, sit and compare what you took and why you liked it.
19. Go Rock Climbing
20. Browse a Record Shop
21. Go Bowling
22. Do an Intense Puzzle Together – See how well you two work together with a 1,000 piece jigsaw puzzle.
23. Go to a Driving Range or Batting Cage
24. Go Mini Golfing – A cheesy one, but you’ll have so much fun with your date playing mini-golf on a nice night.
25. Grab Bubble Tea – It’s a yummy twist on your classic coffee date.
More Fun Ideas
- Fun Things to do in Las Vegas with Teens When Traveling – Is Las Vegas a good place to bring teenagers (or your kids)? Will they have fun? Is there enough for them to do? If you are wondering if you should visit Las Vegas with teenagers, we can help. There are a ton of cool things to do in Las Vegas with teens. Exciting tour options include everything a teenager wants to see and conquer including zip lines, roller coasters, navigating an ATV or dune buggy, and there are even options to take them to a shooting range.
- Self Care Ideas for Teens To Combat Stress – Self-care refers to the deliberate activities we do in order to meet our physical, emotional and mental health needs. When we hear about self-care, it’s usually in reference to adults. However, let’s face it, teens are under a tremendous amount of pressure. They can also benefit from practicing regular self-care! Many teenagers are drowning in school assignments and extracurricular activities. They are preoccupied with getting good grades and joining enough clubs and teams to stand out when it comes time to submit college applications.
- Journal Prompts for Teens – Journaling is a positive habit that anyone can benefit from. Journals are like best friends who hold onto your secrets and help you process your experiences. Journaling regularly can lead to a lifelong daily writing habit, but teens may struggle with figuring out how to start. What motivates you the most? If you could travel to any time, past or future, what year would you go to? What or who would you want to see or learn about? What’s your funniest memory from your childhood? These are the kinds of questions that go perfectly in a personal journal.