Inside: Healthy + Easy Lunch Box Ideas for Teens.
Need some healthy school lunch ideas for teens that are both full of nutrition and easy to pack? You’ve come to the right place. These ideas a filling, quick and easy to eat, and jam-packed with healthy nutrients that will keep your teens feeling their best all day long.
There is so much more that can be done with lunch aside from sandwiches or lettuce and a few other veggies! We’re sharing our top favorite healthy and easy lunches for teens.
Planning Lunch Box Ideas for Teens
Planning school lunches for teens can be the hardest part of making lunches. At least, it is for me. Here are a few ways to make sure I plan and pack the perfect lunch for my teens.
Plan Ahead: I can’t stress this one enough! When our family has a basic plan for the week, the stress levels dramatically drop. Take a few minutes on the weekend to map out meals for the week ahead. I always start with dinner as this helps me see where I can use leftovers to simplify packing school lunch.
Add Variety: Most of us quickly get tired of eating the same thing day after day, and kids are no exception. Different colors, textures, smells, and tastes allow our senses to stay engaged with our food.
Not only is variety important to keep interest high, but it’s also critical for ensuring that there’s a diversity of nutrients. Change up the ingredients in your teen’s lunch box often, with a mix of new and familiar foods.
Well-Balanced: It is important to make sure you include a well-rounded meal, here are the main components to create the perfect balanced, healthy lunch.
- Whole grain
- Healthy fat
- Water or other non-sugary drink
- Something fun or sweet (this doesn’t have to be every day!)
Healthy Lunches + Lunch Box Ideas for Teens
These healthy school lunches for teenage girl or boy are the perfect way to make sure your growing teen is happy, full, and energized.
Hummus Wraps: These vegetarian-inspired wraps are an awesome source of protein and healthy fats from the hummus, and also perfect on days when you realize you’ve already run out of deli cuts, which happens if you’re feeding teenagers.
Healthy Pizza Dippers: These Healthy Pizza Dippers are healthier and simple to make because I make them with 2 ingredients dough, which is simply self-rising flour and non-fat Greek yogurt. Then topped with pizza sauce, turkey pepperoni or low-fat ham/other sandwich meat and light cheddar cheese. Pizza dippers are a teenager’s dream lunch. Throw in some veggies or fruit on the side and you have the perfect well-balanced meal.
Philly Grilled Cheese: Leftover steak strips or deli roast beef are perfect for making these hearty grilled cheese sandwiches.
Turkey Bacon Ranch Wrap: This Turkey Bacon Ranch Wrap is one of those recipes. It’s an easy lunch that will take you 5 minutes to throw together. It’s really nothing earth-shattering or fancy, but it’s tasty!
Greek Chicken Flatbread: Change up the usual sandwich with this fun and yummy wrap! Pack it with hummus and veggies for dipping.
School Lunches for Teens
These lunch box ideas for teens are a fun twist on classics they know and love.
Chicken Ceaser Pasta Salad: Romaine lettuce, fresh pasta, chicken, and Parmesan cheese are tossed in a creamy caesar dressing that’s full of flavor. Light, yet filling, this easy dish makes a delicious packed lunch.
Cobb Salad Wraps: This wrap is packed with protein from the chopped eggs and turkey. It’s so simple to make and of course, you could ditch the turkey since these are hearty enough with the hard-boiled eggs.
Homemade Lunchable: I mean, what kid doesn’t love a lunchable? This healthy homemade twist makes even teenagers happy.
Burrito Bowls: You could call it our all-star lunch! It’s everything you love about burritos, in a bowl! Use your choice of protein like taco meat from last night’s leftover, cooked chicken, or black beans. Send this lunch cold or pack it inside a larger thermos container.
Ranch Cream Cheese Roll-Ups: These ham and cream cheese roll-ups can be made ahead of time and stored in the fridge for a few days, or even frozen for later use. Plus they’re so quick and easy that little ones can help your prepare, and older kids can even make them on their own.
More Fun Ideas Teens Will Love
If you like these lunch box ideas for teens, then check out a few more of our favorite ideas.
- Cute Hairstyles for Teens + Fun Accessories – Teen girls are so lucky! Unlike the days when we were growing up, today’s teenagers have access to mounds of tools, products, and tutorials to create the trendiest and cutest hairstyles around! From beachy waves and messy buns to epic braids and super straight sleek hair, there are literally hundreds (and hundreds) of hairstyles to inspire teen girls! So, if your favorite girl is looking for a new hairstyle this season, we’ve gathered the cutest hairstyles around to give her the inspiration she needs!
- Journal Prompts for Teens – Journaling is a positive habit that anyone can benefit from. Journals are like best friends who hold onto your secrets and help you process your experiences. Journaling regularly can lead to a lifelong daily writing habit, but teens may struggle with figuring out how to start. What motivates you the most? If you could travel to any time, past or future, what year would you go to? What or who would you want to see or learn about? What’s your funniest memory from your childhood? These are the kinds of questions that go perfectly in a personal journal.
- Self Care Ideas for Teens – Self-care refers to the deliberate activities we do in order to meet our physical, emotional and mental health needs. When we hear about self-care, it’s usually in reference to adults. However, let’s face it, teens are under a tremendous amount of pressure. They can also benefit from practicing regular self-care! Many teenagers are drowning in school assignments and extracurricular activities. They are preoccupied with getting good grades and joining enough clubs and teams to stand out when it comes time to submit college applications.