Inside: Cute ideas that will help you ace pajama day at school
So, spirit week is coming into view, and you need help coming up with ideas for pajama day. I totally get it. Though pajama day may seem like one of the simpler themed days, it can still be so hard to come up with original ideas.
After all, you don’t want to show up in just regular old run-of-the-mill pajamas. You only get one day a year to be able to go out in your PJs; you have to make it count.
Okay, you could technically go out in your PJs any day of the year, but not if you don’t want to be considered a social pariah.
So I put together a list of some of the cutest pajama day ideas, but I didn’t stop at just the PJs. I also included some sleepy-time accessories that will help to elevate your look until you are winning the Pajama day contests.
So what are you waiting for? Let’s take a look at these ideas. But first, for all you newbies out there, let’s go over:
What is Pajama Day?
Pajama Day is a themed day in school that is a part of spirit week. Spirit week consists of 5 different themed days that are strung together to help give the students a break from the monotonous school schedule while giving them something to look forward to.
During Pajama day, students come to school in their pajamas and other kinds of sleepwear. It’s a super fun time and the best part? You don’t have to change or get dressed to come to school…you’ve already got your outfit on when you wake up!
Simple Pajama Day Ideas
The best kind of pajamas are the simplest ones. But when it comes to pajama day, you may want something with a little more pizazz than what is in your closet. That is okay! Here is a list of some of the cutest(and simplest) pajama ideas you can use on your pajama day to put such much-needed pep in your step.
1. Spongebob Onesie – Yep, I am starting off strong.
2. Plaid Pajama Bottoms – You really can’t go wrong with a classic pair of plaid PJ bottoms. Everyone has a pair somewhere in their pajama drawer, so fish them out and put them on
3. Smiley Face Pajamas – If not having to get changed out of your PJs in the morning didn’t put a smile on your face, then perhaps these smiley PJs will.
4. Cartoon PJ Pants – If you have a favorite show or cartoon, you must get a themed pair of PJs that reps it. I don’t make the rules.
5. Disney-Themed Onesies – This one can be used for 2 of the 5 spirit days. You can use it for character day AND PJ day.
6. Matching Sweathsuit – Nothing is better than matching outfits with your friends, except maybe matching COMFY outfits with your friends.
7. Onesie Photo – If you decide to wear a onesie to school, be prepared to be the coolest in the group photos.
8. Button Down Sets – Even if you don’t typically wear these, they would be hilarious for Pajama day.
9. Matching Sets – Is this pajama day…or twin day?
10. Simple Grey Onesies – Nowhere in the rulebook does it say you have to wear something that is full of color. That look isn’t for everyone.
11. Sweet Christmas Babies – To make pajama day even more fun, have a slumber party the night before and then wake up and have fancy Christmas-themed breakfast.
12. 5 Matching Cozy Pajamas – If you have five friends who are looking to match, this is the most cost-efficient way to do it.
13. Unisex Plaid Pants – These are in every section because they’re lovely.
Adorable Pajama Day At School Ideas
This next list is a little more extra than the previous one. So for those who want to make a statement this Pajama day, you must check these out. You may have to get some of your friends in on the outfits because most of these work best if you match with others.
But if not, you will still be killing the game.
14. Old Lady PJs – These two besties are doing it right. They dressed up as the most iconic PJ duo; no one will be able to step to this level of greatness. They didn’t have to do this hard, but they did. Nap anyone?
15. Matching Onesies – When it comes to pajama day at school, nothing beats a onesie, except perhaps a set of matching onesies.
16. Pj Shorts – If you live somewhere hot, wearing your PJs to school sounds less like a good time and more like a walking sauna. So try some PJ shorts.
17. Group of Old Ladies – I don’t know what it is about old ladies that just scream PJs, but they do.
18. Simple PJ Idea – These are simple PJs, but they look so comfy.
19. Epic Pajama Group Photo – You just have to take a group photo with your friends on Pajama Day.
20. Patriotic PJs – If you are feeling a little extra love for this country, then let the school know that with your choice of sleepwear.
21. Christmas Pajamas – Christmas is right around the corner from spirit week, so break out those festive pajamas now.
22. Care Bare Pajamas – Themed pajamas are my absolute favorite, and these care bear-themed sets are TOO CUTE.
23. Colored Sweatshirt Outfits – Okay, these are literally such a cute idea for any time of year…but ESPECIALLY on pajama day.
24. Plaid Paradise – If you are big on plaid, then you basically have no choice; this is what you are wearing.
25. Full Robe – Robes are a MUST if you are going for comfort.
26. Pizza Shorts – No explanation needed.
27. Rick and Morty Pajamas – Rick and Morty is a highly beloved TV show, and if you are a fan, then this is your moment to shine.
28. Baby Pajamas – You will absolutely be getting a lot of laughs if you go this route.
Must-Have Accessories for Pajama Day At School
So wearing a set of pajamas isn’t enough for you, and you want to add something that will put you over the top. I get it, I am competitive too. If you want to win Pajama day, then take a look at the list below and make sure to add at least 5 of these things to your PJ outfit. If you fit them all you’ll be unstoppable, but you didn’t hear that from me.
29. Eye Masks
30. Teddy Bears
31. Long Fuzzy Socks
34. Ear Plugs
38. Night Gown
39. Cup of Coffee
40. Messy Hair
41. Hair Curlers
42. Goodnight Moon
And there you have it; not only are there some super adorable pajamas out there that you can add to your collection, but there are so many other awesome things that will add to your look. I especially like the teddy bear, oh and of course the good night moon book. People will go nuts!
Spirit week consists of 5 days, so just having pajama day settled won’t be enough. Lucky for you, we also have some more awesome ideas on how to kill it on the other days. You have to check these out!