Inside: 1 year anniversary gifts for teens to celebrate your beau.
Young love is a beautiful thing. It’s the first experience that we have with romance, and it opens a door to a whole other part of ourselves we didn’t know was there. When you’re a teenage, time moves differently then when you’re an adult. It’s much slower. You also are going through so many changes, mentally and physically.
This make getting to the one year mark all the more exciting because the odds were stacked against your favor. So this is a time to celebrate!
When it comes to anniversary gifts, it can be pretty confusing. Especially for those of you who have never given an anniversary present before. Your instincts may be to shower them with their favorite things. The socks they’ve wanted for a while, a poster of their favorite artist. But it’s important to keep in mind that the point of this celebration is the relationship that the two of you have created together.
It isn’t about the individual, but the collective. Otherwise your anniversary turns into their birthday. It’s about the two of you TOGETHER. So the presents should be an example of that. Though it may seem cheesy, it is a wonderful way to make the relationship feel as special as it is.
This can be done by choosing a gift that reflects your time with your partner. Like getting your favorite photo of you two printed and framed, or starting a scrapbook.
These kinds of gifts will set the groundwork for your relationship going forward.
Homemade Gift Ideas
If money is tight, don’t worry about it. Some of the bests gifts to have been given on this planet are those that are hand made. They just mean that much more when take the time to make them yourself!
Below is a list of homemade anniversary presents as well as a simple guide to how to make them. Check it out.
Cheesy Coupon Booklet
- Hole Punch
Step 1: Cut your paper into coupon sized rectangles
Step 2: Punch a hole through the rectangles and string them together
Step 3: Write personalized coupons on each paper that are based on your partner(e.g Picnic in your favorite spot)
365 Reasons Why I Love You Jar
- Big Glass Jar
- Little Note Papers
This one may be a little time consuming, but its guaranteed some tears from your partner. All you have to do is sit down (preferably on a comfy chair) and write out 365 things that make you love your partner. Then roll them up and put them in the jar. All done!
A sweet way (no pun intended) to celebrate your anniversary is by making an anniversary cake. You may need some cake decorating skills for this one, but not much. So worry not!
- Cake Batter
- Cake Frosting
- Piping Bag
- Food Coloring
After your cake is made and iced, now it is time to decorate it. For the anniversary design, you’re going to want to make a checkerboard like pattern on your cake. This is going to resemeble a calendar. Next you add the month and days to your cake calendar, and on the day of your anniversary, put a little heart. And thats it. Instant winner in my book.
1 Year Anniversary Gift Ideas
Here is a mixture of the cutest anniversary gift ideas on the internet. One year together is a big accomplishment, so you should honor that. with these presents, there is no doubt in my mind that you will.
- Cute Picture Frame with Quote
- Up! Themed Picture Book
- The Sky When We Met Poster
- Reasons Why I Love You
- Cute Customisable 3D Photo
- Touch Bracelets
- Message Box
- Spotify Song Personalized Acrylic
- Date Night Ideas
- Couples Journal
Funny Anniversary Gifts
When creating a close relationship with someone, you have to accept the good, the bad, and the hilarious. It’s hard to imagine when you aren’t in a close relationship, but the amount of yourself that you end up sharing with the other person is unfathomable. Things that you think you’re too embarrassed to do in front of people(like fart), become a part of your regularly scheduled programming.
It’s a part of accepting someone just as they are. To be able to laugh at the parts of us that we perceived as shameful is one of the best parts about having a partner.
This list is an example of that. Take a look to have a laugh.
- Love Themed Toilet Paper
- Cactus Mug
- Funny Mug
- Toilet Timer
- Gamer Cup
- Jar Of Hugs
- I Win Candle
- Yoda One For Me
- Still Tolerating Your Farts
Simple & Sweet
Sometimes, the simple presents speak the loudest. It all depends on if your partner likes big displays of affections, or prefers quieter acts of love. If the latter speaks to you, then this next list is what you’ve been waiting for. They may be simple, but they pack a punch. Check out the cutest sweet & simple anniversary gifts on the market.
- I Pick You Matching Key Chains
- Pill Bottle of Cute Messages
- Smooth Message Rock
- I Love You Morse Code
- Movie Night Kit
- Personalized Penny Key Chain
- Why I’m Grateful For You
- Our Story So Far
And thats it! The CUTEST anniversary presents out there. I hope you found something in here that will make your honey excited, I mean how could you not? Theres so many great choices.
Remember that first anniversaries are a big accomplishment and you should be proud. It takes a lot to stick by someone through thick and thin, the good and the ugly. Especially as teens. Heck even adults have a hard time with it. So you should be extremely proud of yourself.
So go get pampered up and do something special, you’ve earned it. Oh, and happy anniversary!
More Ideas You & Your Teen Will Love
- 45 CUTE DATE IDEAS FOR TEENS YOU CAN AFFORD – Since were on the topic of anniversary, you may want to check out this list of 45 cute date ideas. They range from movie dates to extra special outings, all of which are affordable. Because lets face it, even if you have a job, money is kinda scarce when you’re a teen. So we got you covered with these dates! Coupled with the presents above, this is the recipe for a perfect anniversary! Take a look.
- 50+ POSITIVE SELF CARE IDEAS FOR TEENS – Self Care is important for everybody, but especially when you are in a relationship. It is easy to be busied with putting other people ahead of yourself. So self care might seem like a selfish thing tha you aren’t really used to. But it’s the opposite. After all, you can’t pour from an empty cup. You have to give to yourself before you can give to others. This is a fundamental truth to life. Take a look at this list of 50+ positive Self care Ideas for teens. By adding a few of these to your routine, you’ll be living a more balanced and stress free life. Isn’t that cool?
- THE BEST YOUNG TEEN FACIAL PRODUCTS + ROUTINE– Getting clear skin as a teen seems like an oxi-moron. With all of the changing hormones, it can feel impossible…but it’s not. Take a look at this list of the best teen facial products + routines that can help to get your skin glowing and radiant in no time.