Inside: The Best Young Teen Facial Products + Routine.
Learning how to take care of your skin for the first time can be as overwhelming as other firsts you may experience as a young adolescent, such as having a crush or getting your period.
Suddenly, it’s as if your hormones have banded together to deliver oily skin and skin problems, and you’ll have to determine how to deal with it.
When I was around 13 years old, I remember sneaking into my older sister’s bathroom and putting on her face creams, makeup, and who knows what else as if I knew what I was doing. Sadly, I was completely clueless.
Best Teenage Facial Treatment Products
Let me ease the burden for the next generation of self-conscious adolescent skin-care-seekers. Products used during teenage years do more than just address immediate needs; they also lay the groundwork for a lifetime of healthy skin.
If you start taking care of your skin in a proper manner at a young age, you won’t have to try to catch up when wrinkles and age spots appear.
Even though we adults can’t do anything about our crazy skincare errors of the past, we can teach teenagers not to use toothpaste to treat their pimples.
The bare minimum to remember? Teenage skin is just like adult skin in that it requires special care and attention.
To get you started on the path to flawless skin, we’ve compiled a list of the best teen face habits and products.
In general, gentle washes are best for all skin types because they are the significantly less likely to deprive the skin’s protective barrier. Look for a foaming cleaning solution, which can reduce oiliness, or one that contains salicylic acid to prevent acne.
Our Favorite Cleansers
- CeraVe Hydrating Facial Cleanser
- Glossier Milky Jelly Cleanser
- La Roche-Posay Toleriane Hydrating Gentle Cleanser
Teenage skin, like adult skin, requires antioxidant protection from the environment. Here’s where vitamin C comes in—it’ll help brighten your skin while also protecting it from pollution. This is great because it protects the skin from harmful UV rays and environmental pollutants and also helps the skin produce collagen, making scarring from acne scars less noticeable after the fact.
Our Favorite Serums
- Pixi Vitamin C Serum
- Mario Badescu Vitamin C Serum
- Tula Brightening Treatment Drops Triple Vitamin C Serum
Moisturizer is preferable to a heavy cream because it is not as greasy and will help keep your skin hydrated. Whether your skin is dry, oily, or a combination of the two, you’ll probably do best with one of the many excellent oil-free options available in the drug store.
Our Favorite Moisturizers
No matter how old you are, you should never skip out on using a high-quality SPF sunscreen. Your skin will thank you later if you finish your morning routine with an SPF 30 sunscreen application to protect it from the sun and blue light (trust us).
Our Favorite Sunscreen
- Glossier Invisible Shield
- Clinique Broad Spectrum SPF 30 Mineral Sunscreen
- CeraVe Hydrating Sunscreen
Tips for Treating Teen Acne – Facial Products + Treatments
I had acne at a very young age and could have benefited from knowing more about it then. Here are some excellent recommendations for acne-fighting facial products for teenagers aged 12 and up.
Teenage skin breakouts are inevitable, but there are steps you can take to reduce their severity. Understanding the true causes of acne (and those that aren’t contributing) can help you zero in on the most effective treatments.
Over-the-counter (OTC) medications may be sufficient to clear your skin if your acne is mild or if you have just begun to break out.
However, not every treatment for acne works the same. The most effective ones will have these listed as ingredients.
- Benzoyl peroxide
- Salicylic acid
If you’ve exhausted over-the-counter options and are still breaking out, it’s time to seek professional help. There are many effective prescription acne treatments available from your doctor that can help you get your skin problems under control.
Although acne is not caused by not washing your face, the oil and dirt that accumulate throughout the day will make the condition worse. Perspiration can aggravate existing acne by irritating the skin. And that’s why maintaining a healthy skin care regimen is crucial.
It doesn’t take long each day, and you don’t need a lot of expensive equipment. Simple facial soap or cleanser, and a moisturizer if your skin is dry, is all that is required.
More Ideas for You Teens
If you like these young teen facial tips and products then check out a few more great ideas for your teenager.
- Easy + Quick Dinner Ideas for Teens – Teenagers rapidly become bored with the same things over and over again, and they want something new and different to have for dinner. It can be challenging to come up with ideas for a family supper that will appeal to a teen’s particular culinary preferences. In addition to this, because the normal adolescent goes through the day feeling hungry multiple times, they need foods that can satisfy their appetite for a longer period of time. These suggestions for meals that teenagers can prepare on their own will prove useful in this situation.
- Journal Prompts for Teens – Everyone can gain something from making journaling a regular practice. Writing in a journal is like confiding in a trusted friend who will keep your thoughts private while you work through difficult emotions and thoughts. Even though keeping a journal on a regular basis is an excellent way to develop a lifelong habit of writing every day, many teenagers have trouble getting started.
- Teen Date Ideas – We remember how difficult it was for us when we were teenagers. Whether or not you have a driver’s license, we have some great date ideas that are suitable for teenagers. It may be difficult to find satisfying pursuits outside of school, depending on one’s personal situation. Yet, with some creative thinking, you may arrange some great dates that will keep you from growing tired of each other. And it won’t cost you an arm and a leg! Your adolescent can make an impact without breaking the bank by going on low-key but memorable dates. See the 45 fun and creative dating suggestions for teenagers.