Inside: Amazing backyard graduation party ideas that will show your little graduate how proud you are.
Graduating High School was an achievement that I was so very proud of. I think a lot of the time; our society sells the idea that High School is the least a teen can do. So when they do succeed, it feels less like something to be proud of and more like something they finally get to scratch off of a to-do list.
My parents helped me feel so proud of my accomplishment. They were constantly hyping me up about how excited they were and how well I had done, and of course… they threw an amazing party.
That graduation party went down in history. Now my little brother is going to be graduating this year, so naturally, my family has to pull out all of the stops. In honor of him, I have started researching epic backyard backyard party ideas ideas, and I want to share them with you!
Backyard Graduation Party Ideas
I wanted to start off by showing you some random ideas that act as the basis for your party. You need to get a good vision of the overall vibe you are going for.
Make sure you have a pen and paper handy; it’s going to be time to start writing.
1. Grad Tent Idea with Tables
2. Cute Candy Bowl Table Idea
3. Sweet Balloon Arch with 2022
4. Class Of 2022 Sign for Photos
5. Class of … Balloon Background Idea
6. Sweet Pink Grad Party
7. Rustic Photo Background
8. Grad Table Idea
9. 2022(or Whatever Year) Fruit Idea
10. Memory Wall Idea
11. Sweet Grad Idea
12. Cute Food Table Idea
13. Balloon with Lights
14. Photo of Grad Through Years
15. Cute Simple Photo Background
Backyard Grad Decorations
Next up, I wanted to cover some decoration ideas. Now that you have a solid idea of the theme of your party, you can find decorations that match.
Below you will find a mix of cute decoration kits and ideas that are sure to make your party feel like the celebration it is.
16. Cute Invitations
17. Red White and Blue Lawn Decorations
18. Green Grad Signs for Lawn
19. Congrats Graduate Lawn Decor
20. Black and White Decoration Idea
21. Door Decoration Idea
22. Light Up Cube Decor Idea
23. Gold and Black Balloons
24. Congrats Grad Lawn Kit with Balloons
25. Funny Photo Props
26. Custom Photo Banner
27. Huge Banner Idea
28. Grad Centerpieces Idea
29. Epic Lawn Kit
30. Green Supplies with Number Balloons
Party Food Ideas
You are obviously going to need some awesome snacks at this party. Whether you are planning on serving Barbecue or sandwiches, the preparation of the food is going to make the biggest difference. Check out the ideas below to get inspo for your epic snack table. And whatever you do… don’t forget the graduation cake at the end!
31. Full Table Set Up
32. DIY Burger Idea
33. Delicious Chicken Skewers
34. Caesar Salad Cups
35. Watermelon Popcycles Idea
36. Charcuterie Cups Idea
37. French Fry Board Idea
38. Caprese Salad Idea
39. Ham and Cheese Sliders
40. Mini Sandwiches On Skewers
41. Chips and Guac Idea
42. Million Dollar Dip
43. Deviled Strawberries
44. Bacon Crackers
Must Include Ideas
I wanted to point out some ideas that NEED to be included at your backyard graduation party. You can use this list as a sort of checklist. Make sure that you have as many of them as you possibly can get because together, they all add up to one amazing party.
45. Photos of the Graduate
46. Cute Photo Backdrop
47. Table Full of Sweets
48. Lots of Lawn Decorations
49. Great Music
50. Graduate Themed Table
51. Graduation Games
52. Delicious Party Food
53. Graduate Wishes Jar
54. Photo Props
55. String Lights
56. Good Seating
57. Their College of Choice Decor
58. Memory Wall
59. Cute Balloon Arches
60. Donut Wall
Printable Grad Games
There are many games that you can pull together, but none are quite as affordable and fun as printable games! I love these because they save you a bunch of time while making the party feel even more put together. All you have to do is print!
61. Party Game Printable Bundles
62. 8 Different Games
63. Graduation Wishes Jar Idea
64. Over or Under Game
65. Has the Graduate Ever…
66. Who Knows the Graduate Best?
67. Ever Or Never Party Game
68. Grad Party Bingo
69. Are You Smarter Than A High School Grad?
70. Find the Guest Idea
71. Riddle Me This
72. Grad Emoji Game
73. Grad Scavenger Hunt
74. A-Z Race
75. The Graduate Game
Epic Backyard Graduation Party Ideas
Lastly, I wanted to cap this off with some lovely ideas that I think will really push your party over the top. It’s all about the little things, but in the case of backyard graduation parties… the big things make the most difference. So take a look!
For this last list, I will walk you through my thought process.
76. Fruit Cup Table – I think this idea is super cute. It takes minimal effort, and it adds color!
77. Long Outdoor Table Idea – You just know that this party was amazing. It seems like they invited the entire graduating class. This is an even more special idea!
78. Whole Congrats Table – I know that this must have made the graduate beam with pride. What do you think?
79. You Did It! with Cake – You can’t go wrong with cake. So make sure that you include one at your party like this!
80. Foam Pool Letters – I think this is my favorite decoration on this entire list. If you are lucky enough to have a pool, use it to your advantage with these foam pool letters.
81. Outdoor Grad Table – A graduate table is essentially a table that is a shrine to the graduate. You fill it with photos and quotes and achievements…I love it.
82. Future College Balloon Lawn Decor – If your teen already knows what college they want to go to, you must include it at the party.
83. Themed Balloon Arch – Ah, balloon arches…you can never go wrong with them. They make the space feel so fancy and they are so simple to make!
84. Signed Photo Idea – This will allow everyone to write something for the grad to take with them throughout their life.
85. Initial Decor with Lemonade – I think this little stand is just too cute.
86. Share Your Keys To Success – Here is another way that your guests can impart their adult wisdom.
87. Let’s Party Balloon Arch – I thought that this balloon arch was too cool not to include.
88. Corn Hole Games – If printable games aren’t your style, then you should consider some lawn games. Cornhole is my favorite!
89. Small Backyard Party – If you don’t have very much space to work with, don’t sweat! Look how cute this backyard is.
90. Path Liners – I love these because they are a simple way to make the event feel sweet and proper.
91. Every School Photo – This is a must-have idea. You need to include every school photo they have ever taken. You have the complete set!
That’s all I’ve got! I know my little brother’s party is going to be EVEN more amazing than mine was; I can’t wait. Graduating from high school is such a big deal. It signifies the end of their childhood education, the last step on the train of being a child. Next stop? Adulthood!
No, but seriously, this is a big deal and one that should be celebrated to the best of your ability. Sometimes, the best way to celebrate is with a classic party. But make sure you are constantly expressing how proud you are that your teen made it. That is what makes the biggest difference.
If you are planning your kid’s graduation party, you probably have a million other things on your plate as well. The good news is that I can totally help with that.