Inside: 53 Beaded Grad Cap Ideas.
With senior skip day over & Graduation season just around the corner, your minds might be drifting towards that exciting milestone that is about to be reached. Some questions you may be asking yourself might be: What will graduation day be like, what will I wear, what is it going to feel like to cross that finish line? And of course, what am I going to look like in my Cap & Gown? We can help…well with the last question at least.
If you want to help liven up your plain cap & gown situation, why not try a Beaded Graduation Cap?
There are many fun things you can incorporate to make your graduation day extra special. For example, did you know that many people actually decorate their grad caps? It’s a lovely way to bring a bit of your uniqueness & personality to an otherwise run-of-the-mill cap & gown.
There are SO many designs you can choose from, whether that be adorable flowers, superheroes, or awesome tribal designs that will honor your heritage. There’s really something for everyone!
This is an amazing time in your life. The hard work you’ve put into not only school these past 4 years, but also growing and maturing into a soon-to-be legal adult, is being recognized.
WHAT! I know…it feels weird even to type. But it’s true, and it’s exciting!
But first, here are a few facts to help you get a good idea of the crafting session you have ahead of you if you decide to decorate your cap!
What is Cap Beading?
Cap beading is essentially the art of adding tiny beads to your graduation garment. This can be done in many different styles and patterns, colors, and sizes, all depending on the crafter’s preferences. On average for an inexperienced beader, this can take anywhere from 6-12 hours. So either plans this a few days ahead or find a good podcast to listen to because you’re gonna be here for a while! But don’t fret, the finished product is absolutely worth it. Not to mention how fun the process is!
You can find many in-depth tutorials online from pro-beaders that include step-by-step photos to help you get started!
- Graduation Cap(Obvi!)
- Tiny beads of your choice
- Needle & Thread
- Marker or Pencil
On average this is a fairly cheap project. The total price depends on how big you want your design, but in total, the supplies will cost you about $15-20. This is not counting the Graduation Cap, which you’ll want to buy instead of rent. I’m not sure you’d get your deposit back after this!
Beaded Graduation Cap Ideas
Coming up with a design can be a daunting task. Especially with the weight of the day ahead of you, no one wants a messed-up graduation cap. But fear not! We’ve compiled a list of 53 awesome Beaded Graduation Cap designs that range from flowers to stripes, to tribal designs! So whether you want to express your feminity or honor your culture, we’ve got the designs for you!
We’ve also added a section for Bling Graduation Caps if you want to add a little sparkle to your ceremony!
1. Beautiful Pink Pink Cap with Flowers
2. Beaded cap with Soft Colors
3. Rainbow Beads
4. Yellow, Red, and Black Striped Border
5. Vibrant Beads with Beautiful Design
6. Simple Striped Pattern with Tan and Brown
7. Pastel Stripes
8. Rainbow checkers with Black & White Center
9. Purple Cap with Cool Design
10. Cute Little Flowers with Design
11. Spiderman Themed Cap
12. Super Hero Themed
13. Purple Stripes
14. Simple Pink & Yellow Border
15. Striped Border with Bow Tie
16. Adorable Flower Border
17. Pink & Blue Simple Sun
18. Full Beaded Cap with Flowers & Grad’s Initial
19. Green & White Swirled Brim
20. Flower in Opposing Corners
Bling Graduation Caps
Some of our favorite ways to decorate a graduation cap are by adding some bling, of course! Below is a little list of graduation cap design ideas that are Shiny & Beautiful. If you’re looking for more than glitter, you can add some embellishments to help better express your uniqueness. Whether that be a quote, a movie character, or your school mascot, look on to get inspiration!
21. Princess & the Frog Blinged out Cap
22. Shiny School Mascot made with Rhinestones
23. I Got 99 Problems but a Degree Isn’t One
24. Rainbow Bling
25. Pink and White Sparkles
26. Pearl and Rhinestones
27. Shiny Tiger Stripes
28. “She Laughs without Fears of the Future”
29. “earned it” Bedazzled Purple Cap
30. Galaxy Rhinestones
31. Beautifully Pink Sparkly Cap
32. Butterflies & Sparkles
33. Bedazzled Border
Native American Beaded Grad Caps
Beading caps is a beautiful tradition that can take your graduation Cap to the next level. Many Native people like to decorate their Caps & Sashes with Tribal designs as a way to proudly display who they are and the culture they came from. This is an awesome way to add that extra bit of personality and meaning to your graduation day. We’ve picked some of our favorite designs for you to get inspo from. From simple to detailed, you’ll find what you need below!
34. Red and Yellow Tribal Patterns
35. Blue Beading only on Border
36. 3 Different Blues around Border
37. Blue, Yellow, & Orange Border
38. Vibrant Tribal Patterns
39. Amazing Detailed Cap with Feather and Horse
40. Simple Blue & White Border
41. 3 Feathers
42. Thick Border with Blue Design
43. Simple Red Boarder with Triangles
44. Awesome Tribal Design
45. Yellow Cap with White & Yellow Border
46. Colorful Design with Detailed Horse
47. Cool Border with Tiny Feathers
48. Classic Tribal Design with Grad’s Name
49. Tribal Border with Feather Tassle
50. Boarder with Little Bear Paw
51. Mixed Design with Feather Tassle
52. 4 Corners of Beads
53. Awesome Design with Decorated Button
We hope you loved these designs. Congratulations on your upcoming graduation! Oh and happy beading!
More Ideas Teenagers Will Love:
- Educational Rights of 18-Year-Old Students – Your child just turned 18! That sure is scary for a lot of reasons. Your child is now technically an adult and has a brand new world before them. Something to consider when your 18-year-old starts this new chapter of their life is their rights as a student. The same rules don’t fly with an adult student. These changes might seem scary, so we’re here to walk you through what’s different. It is also helpful to explain this information to your 18 year old so that they’re familiar with their rights as an 18 year old high schooler.
- Fun + Rewarding Teen Volunteer Programs – Volunteering also benefits your teen by building their self-confidence and imparting empathy. Additionally, many college applications ask teens to list their service projects. If you’re not sure where to find volunteer work for your teen, consider these options which usually offer something in every local community.
- Teenage Girl Photoshoot Ideas + Senior Session Tips – Let’s all agree that MOST of our teenage girls LOVE to be in front of the camera. It obviously is more popular these days because of social media and creating that “perfect” pic for the gram. I feel like between selfies, group photos, and styled shoots there is always a camera clicking around my teens. From friend groups, photo sessions to big senior shoots here are a few of our favorite teenage girl photoshoot ideas that will guarantee you get those shots you are wanting.