Inside: Teen Pool Party Ideas That Teenagers Will Love.
Although your teen may be too old to enjoy a traditional birthday party complete with festivities and party bags, they might enjoy a pool party. When water is involved, it’s more likely your teenager will act and feel like a little kid again. What’s better than that?
Celebrate in style while keeping it low cost! Plus, you can keep a gang of kids pretty occupied by putting out some snacks and tossing some floaties in the pool. Let’s dive in (see what I did there) to this list of fun teen pool ideas!
How to Throw a Teenage Pool Party
Whether or not there is a specific theme, a pool party always needs the following things. For now, let’s focus on the basics…
Food: Burgers, deli meats, veggies, fruit, cookies, corn dogs, and beverages are all terrific choices for a party where the main attraction is water play. You can keep it as simple as you want or make it as grand as you’d like. Either way, the kids will be too busy to complain.
Activities: Have plenty of floating devices around as well as pool noodles, water spray guns, and other water toys. You can plan certain games like Marco polo or let them come up with some ideas. It’s also a good idea to keep a few water basketballs and a small basketball hoop in the water. They will love that.
Accessories: Have plenty of the following items on hand to ensure that the pool party is a success:
- Towels, including washcloths and hair towels
- Sun protection gear, such as sunglasses or hats
- Lots of sunscreen
- Swimming goggles
- A safe place for each kid to store their items while they are swimming
Many kids will bring their own stuff, but it’s always a good idea to have some extras available just in case.
Safety: Keeping the kids safe is the most important aspect of the party. Teens can get super rowdy, especially when playing in the water. So, it’s your job to make sure you have adults watching the guests. Stop horseplay as soon as you see it, so everyone stays safe. Also, make sure that area is clean and free of anything dangerous.
Teen Birthday Pool Party Ideas
While it’s tempting to go overboard, most teens aren’t going to appreciate it. So save yourself the stress and money and stick to the basics. Here are a few ideas that most teens will be okay with.
- Pirate ship theme
- Tiki party theme
- Survivor theme
- 80’s retro party
Pool Party Ideas for Teenage Girls
The best way to get teenage females excited is to throw a pool party with a certain theme. We guarantee that your adolescent girl will be beaming with joy after hearing our suggestions. Consider the following creative suggestions:
- Groovy disco party. If it’s at night be sure to include lots of waterproof lights and glow sticks.
- Pink party! Have lots and lots of pink along with an accent color like gold.
- Spa Pool Day complete with lots of floats, refreshing drinks and cucumber slices for relaxing.
Our Favorite Pool Party Items
Citrus Themed Floaties
Pizza Pool Floatie
Inflatable Volleyball Net
LED Beach Ball
Watermelon Ball Game – This is one of our favorite pool games
Pool Fun Out of the Water
The pool during a teen party is just one component of the celebration. It’s a great idea to have other activities around so they can stay entertained during break times. Plan breaks at least once an hour so no one gets too worn out.
- Play a lawn game like horseshoes, corn hole, or volleyball.
- Have a water balloon fight.
- Let the kids go wild with water guns.
- Have the teens make their own ice cream sundaes
- Work on a craft together
More Fun Ideas Teen Will Love
These are just a few of our favorite ideas for teenagers; if you like them, we have plenty more where they came from, including some other great pool party themes.
- Fun Things to do in Las Vegas with Teens –You may be debating whether or not Las Vegas is an appropriate vacation spot for your adolescent children. We’re going to break down the various teen-friendly pursuits that exist. Teens will find a variety of exciting things to do in Las Vegas. Zip lines across Fremont Street, thrill rides atop hotels, driving an ATV or dune buggy, and shooting guns are just a few of the exciting activities that will appeal to teenagers. There is so much to see and do here that you won’t have a chance to get bored during your entire trip!
- Inexpensive + Cute Date Ideas for Teens – We remember how difficult it was for us when we were teenagers. Whether or not you have a driver’s license, we have some great date ideas that are suitable for teenagers. It may be difficult to find satisfying pursuits outside of school, depending on one’s personal situation. Yet, with some creative thinking, you may arrange some great dates that will keep you from growing tired of each other. And it won’t cost you an arm and a leg! Your adolescent can make an impact without breaking the bank by going on low-key but memorable dates. See the 45 fun and creative dating suggestions for teenagers.
- Feather Hair Extensions are Back – Like any other facet of the fashion industry, design trends come and go. Do you recall the days when tight rolling the bottoms of your trousers and crop tops was the norm? I don’t want to brag about my advanced years, but many of these trends have come and gone more than once. Again, they’re trending online this time of year.