Inside: 51 Simple and Cool Graduation Cakes for 2022
Graduation commencement can be the highlight of any student and their parents, and when the graduation season hits, there are so many things to take into consideration. The graduation party, not to mention the fabulous outfit, and you CANNOT forget everyone’s favorite part of any party, the cake.
Celebrate graduation in style with a cake that tastes amazing but also looks great. It can be challenging to choose a beautiful graduation cake and figure out exactly where to start. We’ve rounded up some of the best graduation cake ideas just for you.
These graduation cakes are a great way to congratulate your son, daughter, or friend on a successful graduation and welcome him or her to the new life that is about to begin.
What to Write on Graduation Cakes
The message on your graduation cake should be short and sweet.
A simple message like “Congratulations, Graduate!” gets a heartfelt thought across in few words. You can also write things like “Class of (Graduation Year)” or “You Did It!” or the word “Congratulations” followed by the grad’s name.
Choose a message that’s meaningful without taking up too much space. Your cake’s message should be happy and personal, but simple.
How Much are Graduation Cakes?
Specialty cake bakers are experts at creating multitiered decorated masterpieces that can’t be bought off the shelf at any bakery. These cakes are as much about presentation as they are about taste—and many professionals know how to satisfy both of those cravings. Pros also know how to safely and freshly transport an elaborate, delicate cake to clients’ venues. Costs are based on the number of people the cake needs to serve, the number of tiers, flavor(s), how complex the design is, and delivery distance.
High School Graduation Cakes 2022
Celebrate BIG with these cool and cute graduation cakes, they are the perfectly designed dessert to celebrate such a big accomplishment. Teens will be so surprised with these cake ideas.
1. Cute White and Gold Cake with Bead Accents
2. Book Shaped Graduation Cake
3. Tiered Cake with Graduation Cap Topper
4. Large Letter Cake with Graduation Cap
5. Polka Dots and Fondant Tassels
6. Blue and Yellow Grad Cake Design
7. Gold, Black, and White Fondant Tassels
8. Buttercream Rosettes with Fondant Grad Cap and Diploma
9. Graduation Cupcake Tower
10. Small Grad Cake with 3D Elements
Simple Graduation Cakes for Boys
These more masculine cake styles are perfect for your male grad. They are simple, clean, and stunning, check out our favorite graduation cakes for guys.
11. Simple Cake with Grad Cap and Diploma
12. Marbled Effect on Graduation Cake
13. Gold Drip Down Black Cake
14. Small Grad Cake with 3D Elements
15. Simple Cake with Fondant Grad Year
16. Blue and Yellow Grad Cake Design
17. Gold, Black, and White Fondant Tassels
18. Marbled Icing Cake
19. Book Shaped Graduation Cake
20. Gold Drip Down Black Cake
Graduation Cakes for Girls
Add a girly touch to your graduation cake with these ideas. With accents of gold, fresh flower, and elegant motifs, you can add that extra flare of feminine to your sweet dessert. Check out these fun graduation cakes for girls and find all the pretty inspiration.
21. Two-Tiered Pink and Gold Cake
22. Colorful Grad Cake with Flowers
23. Purple Cake with Pearls
24. Polka Dot Grad Cake with Cap Topper
25. Elegant Grad Cake for Girl
26. Pink and Girly Grad Cake
27. Gold Flakes with Fesh Flowers and Grad Cap Topper
28. Tall, Layered, Cake with Gold Accents
29. Pink Cake with Gold Grad Cap Topper
30. Marbled Bottom Tier, Black Grad Cap Top Tier
Cool Grad Sheet Cakes
Sheet cakes are your more cost-effective and simpler choice, they can be done by almost any bakery and offer tons of design ideas and options. You can photos, text, and decorations while also keeping the cost down. Sheet cakes also provide a lot of cake for a lower cost.
31. Blue and Black Grad Decorations
32. Yellow and Black Grad Cake with Cap Accent
33. Large Year Numbers with Cap Accents
34. Friends-Themed Sheet Cake for Graduation
35. Oh the Places they Will Go
36. Personalized Photo on Sheet Cake
37. Blue and Black Grad Decorations
38. Yellow and Black Grad Cake with Cap Accent
39. Large Year Numbers with Cap Accents
40. Friends-Themed Sheet Cake for Graduation
Small Graduation Cakes
These small cakes packed a BIG punch with these cute designs.
41. Cute White and Gold Cake with Bead Accents
42. Book Shaped Graduation Cake
43. Tiered Cake with Graduation Cap Topper
44. Large Letter Cake with Graduation Cap
45. Polka Dots and Fondant Tassels
46. Blue and Yellow Grad Cake Design
47. Gold, Black, and White Fondant Tassels
48. Buttercream Rosettes with Fondant Grad Cap and Diploma
49. Graduation Cupcake Tower
50. Small Grad Cake with 3D Elements
More Cool Ideas Teens Will Love
If you like these sweet graduation cakes then check out a few more of our favorite posts for teens.
- Teenage Photoshoot Ideas – Let’s all agree that MOST of our teenage girls LOVE to be in front of the camera. It obviously is more popular these days because of social media and creating that “perfect” pic for the gram. I feel like between selfies, group photos, and styled shoots there is always a camera clicking around my teens. From friend groups, photo sessions to big senior shoots here are a few of our favorite teenage girl photoshoot ideas that will guarantee you get those shots you are wanting.
- Teen Volunteer Programs – If you have a senior or upcoming senior, thinking about volunteer programs is so important to consider. Volunteering also benefits your teen by building their self-confidence and imparting empathy. Additionally, many college applications ask teens to list their service projects. If you’re not sure where to find volunteer work for your teen, consider these options which usually offer something in every local community.
- Fun First Day Ideas for Teens – Some first dates are as simple and easy as going out to dinner and getting dessert, while others involve staying at home to cook together, playing games, watching the sunset, and having a movie night. Teenage couples may want to do something special and unique, especially for an anniversary. These first-date ideas are perfect for teen couples.