Inside: 53 Easy & Cute Braid Ideas for Teens
When it comes to expressing yourself, how you present yourself says a lot. An awesome way to achieve this is by doing your hair in styles that you not only love, but that make you feel confident and happy. Girls these days have SO many options to choose from when it comes to hairstyles.
So today we are just going to focus on Cute Braids for Teenagers!
Did you know that there are hundreds of different kinds of braiding styles today? They can range from simple to downright complicated, but overall they never disappoint. I don’t think I’ve ever seen someone with braids and thought that they didn’t look cute and put together, just sayin. 😉
Braiding Styles can vary from a simple classic 3 string braid (the one we learn to do in middle school), to a french or dutch braid (these are the ones the middle school show-offs knew how to do).
Then there’s Lace, Ladder, Lattice, oh my! But how can you know what kind of braids are your favorite if you have no clue what they look like? That’s where we come in.
We’ve compiled a list of varying types of braids that you can check out to better understand your style; which ones you love and those you don’t.
But first, a brief history of braids and your teenager.
The History of Braids
The origin of braids is followed back all the way back to African Culture some 5000 years ago. This was the year 3500 B.C, and braids were very popular amongst women. The Box Braid was traced back to Egypt around the year 3100 B.C. According to Byrdie.com, Next, it was “Greece with the halo braid in the first century; Native Americans with pigtail braids in the fifth century; Europe with the crown braid from 1066 to 1485; China with the staircase braid from 1644 to 1912; the Caribbean with modern cornrows in the 1970s”
Since these times, Braids have truly gone through their own evolution. Though there are many different kinds of new braids today, it is important to remember where they started.
Nowadays, learning a new style of braid is only a Google search away. Teens are so lucky! So many styles at their fingertips. Not only do they have access to so many different styles but they also have access to tutorials and step-by-step videos to help them learn.
As you can see, braids have been around for centuries. Many people today use braids as more than just an expression of themselves but as an expression of their lineage. How amazing is that!
Braids for Teens
What kind of braid you are going to try will largely have to do with the texture of your hair. Because of this, we tried to separate our choices with this in mind. The first list below is mainly for wavy to straight hair, though if your hair is a different texture don’t fret! You can still try your hand at them. Or you can scroll down a little further to find some that are more right for you.
1. Gorgeaous Braid Waterfall Style
2.Sheek Star Braid
3. Classic Braided Pony
4. Braided Space Buns
5. Loose French Braid
6. French Braid with Loose Pigtails
7. Simple Dutch Braids
8. Adorable Bubble Braid
9. Loose Braid Crown
10. Messy Side Braid
11. Simple Braided Pig Tails
12. Beautful Braided Crown with Flowers
13. Low French Braided Space Buns
Popular Braid Hairstyles for Teenagers
This section is good for a mix of wavy, straight, curly & coily hair. Look below to find a braid that speaks to you!
14. Braided Crown Updo
15. Double Bubble Braids
16. Half up Half Down Braid
17. Classy Braided Updo
18. Fish Tails
19. Half braided Ponytail
20. French Braided with Cute Pony
21. Full French Braided Pig Tails
22. V Braid Crown Leading to Low Ponytail
23. Smooth Classic Braid
24. Half Up Double French Braids
25. Thick Headband Braid
26. Headband Braid with Half Up Bun
27. Simple Half Up Braid
Box Braids for Teenage Girls
Box Braids are very popular in Black Culture. This beautiful design can take hours to achieve but it’s absolutely worth it in the end to have the result! You can also keep these braids in for 4 to 6 weeks so you will definitely get your time and effort rewarded!
28. Box Braids with Silver Incorporated
29. Full Head of Box Braids
30. Medium Sized Box Braids
31. Wavy Styled Box Braids on Scalp
32. Awesome Silver Box Braids
33. Half Up Half Down
34. Cool Square Pattern Box Braids
35. Red Braids with Hair Cuffs
36. Beautifully Styled Half Up Box Braids
37. Only Braided on One Side
38. Box Braid Pony with Heart
39. Tight Box Braids
40. Awesome Box Braids with Space Buns
Braids for Black Teenage Girls
These are some of the cutest and coolest braids for Black Teenage Girls. Unless you have a seriously skilled braider in your house you may have to go to a salon to achieve these looks. But as said before, depending on the braid you can keep this style in for up to 6 weeks! That’s definitely getting your money’s worth.
41. Long Knotless Braids
42. Adorable Braid Bun
43. Stitch Braids with Pony Tail
44. Feed-In Pig Tails
45. Cornrows with Heart Design
46. Box Braid with Top Knot
47. Box Braided Buns with Beads
48. Knotless Braids in Low Bun
49. Boho Knotless Half Up Do
50. Long Beautiful Braids
51. Red Tight Braids with Heart Design
52. Awesome Braided Bun
53. Swirly Design with Ponytail
We hope you learned a little bit more about braids, and yourself by finding what style suits your unique personality. There are truly so many options, but at least now you know where to start!
More Hairstyles Ideas You’ll Love:
- 57 Cute Hairstyles for Teens & Fun Accessories – From beach waves and messy buns to epic braids and super straight sleek hair, there are literally hundreds (and hundreds) of hairstyles to inspire teen girls! So, if your favorite girl is looking for a new hairstyle this season, we’ve gathered the cutest hairstyles around to give her the inspiration she needs!
- Feather Hair Extensions are Back 2022 – Let’s talk about Feather Hair Extensions… As quickly as the trend came into our lives, it was gone. But like low-rise jeans, Juicy Couture tracksuits, and chunky blonde highlights, feather hair extensions are back. So why put feathers in your hair? Putting feathers in your hair is a bold way to show that you have an amazing bohemian style. Feathers come in all different shapes and colors, so you can choose one that looks great with your hair color and texture!
- Tinsel Hair Extensions – How To Get That 90’s Look Today! – Made popular in the ’90s, hair tinsel is back in full force! It’s not just for celebrities and people with colorful unicorn hair, hair tinsel can upgrade anyone’s look. If your teen is anything like mine, they LOVE to add flair to their personal style. Whether that’s funky nail choice, chunky sneakers, or crazy hair. These tinsel hair extensions make the perfect accessory for prom, festivals, or just to add a little spice to their style.