Inside: Our Favorite Cute Hairstyles for Teens + Fun Accessories.
Young women today have it made. Unlike when we were young, today’s children and teens have a plethora of resources at their fingertips for achieving the cutest and most adorable and trendy hairdos.
Teenage girls have their pick of countless hairdos, from loose waves and mess buns to awesome braids and elegant hairstyles. Here are some of the season’s cutest hairdos to give your favorite girl some ideas for a new look.
Our Favorite Cute Hairstyle Accessories for Teens
Having so many options for hair accessories to complement any look is one of my favorite new hair trends. We’ve compiled a list of our favorite hair accessories that will round out your teen’s look.
- Gold Headband Set
- Groovy Hair Scarf
- Vintage Daisy Clips
- Checkered Scrunchie Set
- Butterfly Clips
- Gold Barrette Set
- Pink Knotted Headband
- Satin Hair Scarfs
- Butterfly Claw Clip
- Purple Rectangle Claw Clip
Cute Ponytail Hairstyles for Teens
One of the most practical and on-trend ways to wear your hair is in a ponytail. Some of our favorite teen hairstyles are these simple but stylish ones.
Wearing a high ponytail is a great way to bring together elegance and finesse. Those teenagers whose hair is naturally straight and thinner will adore this adorable style. When you’re sick of wearing your hair in the same old styles, it’s time to let the world know how classy you really are.
How to do a High Pony
- Gather your hair and tightly brush it.
- Add a ponytail high and in the center of your head.
- Use a hair tie or scrunchy to secure the ponytail.
Half Up Pony
There is one hairdo that will always be in style, and that’s the half-pony. This chic and adaptable hairdo can be worn to both formal and casual occasions. Here are some really cute ideas to try out.
How to do a Half Up Pony
- Add some texture spray to your hair. You can leave it as is, or lightly tease it to increase the volume.
- Pull up the top section of your hair and make a small ponytail at the crown. Use a band or hair tie to secure the pony.
Let’s Talk Buns, Hun
Pigtail or space buns are a cute and carefree hairstyle. Putting them in only takes less than 5 minutes, therefore they are ideal for quick, last-minute hair.
Classic Messy Bun
No other hairstyle has proven to be more helpful on those mornings when you can’t muster the energy to wash your hair.
How to do a Messy Bun
- Put your head upside down, and then tie your hair into a loose ponytail at your desired height. Don’t worry about getting your strands perfectly smoothed back.
- Wrap the hair in a circular pattern below the bun, starting at the base of the ponytail, and twisting as you go.
- Use a hair tie to secure it.
Sleek Classy Buns
Braided Cute Hairstyles for Teens
We often wear our hair in braids, and this is especially true while we are in school. This is a tried-and-true method for achieving a stylish, professional appearance. Here are some of our favorite school-appropriate braided hairstyles for teenagers.
If you know how to tie your hair in a ponytail, you already know how to do a bubble braid. Because bubble braids are essentially just updated ponytails, they are much simpler to create than actual braids. A high ponytail with elastics strategically placed throughout is the hallmark of this style, which makes the wearer’s hair look like a bubble.
How to do Bubble Braids
- A uniform, smooth base is ideal for styling, so start by applying a styling cream to your hair. As a finishing touch, you can tease out more volume with this lightweight formula because it helps the style to last longer.
- Place your hair into a slicked-back ponytail at your desired height, and secure with an elastic at the highest point and as close as possible to the scalp.
- Put another elastic hair tie around your ponytail a short distance down. The best way to guarantee a fantastic outcome is to maintain uniform distances between each bubble when placing the elastics, which will vary depending on the length of the hair.
- Once the ponytail holders are in place, you can tease and pull on each section with your fingers to make it look fuller. You can adjust the volume and teased appearance of the resulting “bubbles” by loosening the hair between the elastics. Facial wisps can be teased out for optional dimensions.
- The final step is to use a lightweight hairspray to eliminate any remaining unruliness and give your style a little extra hold.
More Trendy Cute Hairstyles for Teens
If you like these cute hairstyles for teens, then check out a few more of our favorite hair trends.
- Feather Hair Extensions are Back –Do you remember the craze of adding colorful feather hair extensions? Well, great news, it is making a comeback, and it’s going to be more popular than ever! Check out these gorgeous feather extensions for inspiration!
- Get Colorful with Tinsel Hair Extensions –The ’90s trend of tinsel in one’s hair is making a comeback. Hair tinsel isn’t just for the performers or individuals with super cute hair; anyone can benefit from it. Your teen probably shares my sentiment that “more is more” when it involves fashion.