Inside: Our Favorite Cute Hairstyles for Teens + Fun Accessories.
Teen girls are so lucky! Unlike the days when we were growing up, today’s teenagers have access to mounds of tools, products, and tutorials to create the trendiest and cutest hairstyles around!
From beachy waves and messy buns to epic braids and super straight sleek hair, there are literally hundreds (and hundreds) of hairstyles to inspire teen girls! So, if your favorite girl is looking for a new hairstyle this season, we’ve gathered the cutest hairstyles around to give her the inspiration she needs!
Our Favorite Cute Hairstyle Accessories for Teens
One of my favorite hair trends is the tons of different accessories to amp up any style. Here are a few of our favorite hair accessories to make your teen’s style complete.
1. Pink Knotted Headband
2. Vintage Daisy Clips
3. Checkered Scrunchie Set
4. Butterfly Clips
5. Satin Hair Scarfs
6. Purple Rectangle Claw Clip
7. Groovy Hair Scarf
8. Gold Headband Set
9. Butterfly Claw Clip
10. Gold Barrette Set
Cute Ponytail Hairstyles for Teens
Ponytails are some of the easiest and stylish hairstyles. These easy hairstyles for teens are some of our favorites.
The high ponytail is effective in combining the elements of sophistication and style. It is the perfect cute hairstyle for teen girls with straight and sleek hair. Flaunt your classy hairstyles when you’re super bored of your regular hairstyles.
How to do a High Pony
- Brush your hair neatly and gather it tightly at the back of your head.
- Make a ponytail at the middle of your head.
- Make use of hairpins to secure the ends of the section.
Half Up Pony
The half ponytail is one hairstyle that never goes out of style. You can rock this versatile and stylish hairstyle for formal and fancy events or make it more casual too. Our suggestions make it easy.
How to do a Half Up Pony
- Spray hair all over with your favorite texturizing product. Start this style with wavy/curly hair but it would work great with straight hair too.
- Start by pulling about a quarter of your hair into a pony near your crown. Take a small section of that pony and wrap it around the hair tie, securing it with a bobby pin underneath.
Let’s Talk Buns, Hun
Wearing pigtail buns is fun, easy, and absolutely effortless. You can make them in less than 5 minutes, which make them very practical for everyday wear.
Classic Messy Bun
If there’s a hairstyle that’s more of a saving grace on mornings you just can’t get it together enough to wash your hair we haven’t found it yet.
How to do a Messy Bun
- First, flip your head upside down and pull your hair into a loose ponytail, as high or as low as you’d like it. Don’t use a comb or worry about your strands being perfectly slicked back — some bumps are ok.
- Twist the hair, and spin it around the base of the ponytail, continuing to wrap below the bun. Be sure to leave the tail out at the end.
- Secure it with a hair elastic and bobby pins.
Sleek Classy Buns
Braided Cute Hairstyles for Teens
Braids are one of our go-to hairstyles, especially during the school year. It’s a guaranteed good-looking and polished style. So check out a few of our favorite teenage braided hairstyles for school.
If you can do a ponytail, you can do a bubble braid. Bubble braids are essentially a modern and playful update to standard ponytails, so it’s way easier to achieve than a traditional braid. This look typically consists of a high ponytail, with strategically placed elastics tied throughout, which encourages hair to puff out and appear like a bubble.
How to do Bubble Braids
- First, prepare your hair with a styling cream to set a uniform and frizz-free foundation that is perfect for styling. This lightweight formula will help to hold the style, and also make it easier to tease out for increased volume as a last step.
- Place your hair into a slicked-back ponytail at your desired height, and secure with an elastic at the highest point and as close as possible to the scalp.
- Wrap another elastic hair tie a few inches down your ponytail. Elastic placement will largely depend on the length of the hair, and keeping equal distance between each bubble is the best way to ensure a great end result.
- Once all elastics are placed, use your fingers to tease and pull at each section. This will loosen the hair between elastics and create multiple “bubbles,” with the option of customizing your look depending on how voluminous or teased you want them. Optional: To add some dimension, pull out some wispy tendrils around your face.
- Finish with a lightweight hairspray to tame flyaways and create extra staying power.
If you’re still unsure how to create a fishtail braid, it’s time to learn. Although we all love the look of this chic braid, many of us can’t create one, so we’re here to show you how to master the skill. Braids are incredibly popular at the moment, and a fishtail braid is one of the most stylish options.
More Trendy Cute Hairstyles for Teens
If you like these cute hairstyles for teens, then check out a few more of our favorite hair trends.
- Feather Hair Extensions are Back – Let’s talk about Feather Hair Extensions… As quickly as the trend came into our lives, it was gone. But like low-rise jeans, Juicy Couture tracksuits, and chunky blonde highlights, feather hair extensions are back. They are all the rage this season! For the past two weeks, my daughter was having a fit for some of these colorful ways to jazz up her hair. So why put feathers in your hair? Putting feathers in your hair is a bold way to show that you have an amazing bohemian style. Feathers come in all different shapes and colors, so you can choose one that looks great with your hair color and texture. Plus with their growing popularity with kids’ favorite TikTok stars sporting the look, who wouldn’t want to join in on this trend?
- Get Colorful with Tinsel Hair Extensions – Made popular in the ’90s, hair tinsel is back in full force! It’s not just for celebrities and people with colorful unicorn hair, hair tinsel can upgrade anyone’s look. If your teen is anything like mine, they LOVE to add flair to their personal style. Whether that’s funky nail choice, chunky sneakers, or crazy hair. These tinsel hair extensions make the perfect accessory for prom, festivals, or just to add a little spice to their style. You can find a color that coordinates with any hair color (gold for blondes, silver for gray, copper for red, brown for brunettes, and black for the darkest shades) or choose any shade of the rainbow to stand out. Looks range from a few subtle strands to the full-blown goddess — a whole head of glitter!