Inside: These homecoming poster ideas to get you and the whole student council in the dancing spirit.
Homecoming is such a fun experience for high schoolers, but there’s more to it than just a dance. There are weeks of preparation that go into homecoming.
Teens need to figure out who they are going with, how to ask them, what to wear, how they will pose for their dance pictures etc.
The teens that will be running for homecoming king or queen have even more on their to-do list; they have to put together their campaign!
To get people to vote for them, they need to get their names out and let people know that they are running. One of the best and most classic ways to do this is with a poster!
You can create your own DIY poster that will tell your fellow students to vote for you when the time comes and then hang them on the walls of your school.
I’ve created a list of some of the cutest homecoming poster ideas for you to look through for inspiration.
Homecoming posters are also used as a way to ask someone to be your date for the dance. Sort of like a Promposal but for homecoming, and there are so many ways that you can go about that. So I also made sure to include ideas for that as well!
Homecoming Proposal Posters
1. Best Friend Proposal – One of my favorite things to see is best friends who ask each other to go. How cute is this proposal?
2. Song Quote – Song quotes are one of the most sure-fire ways to have a great proposal sign. It’s simple and effective, and it rhymes(mostly).
3. Be the Bomb
4.Track Puns – If your future date has a specific sport they love, defiantly use that to your advantage as this guy did.
5. Let’s Taco Bout Home Coming – I mean…tacos. Say less.
6. Football Proposal
7. Croc My World – Crocs are in now. This would have been nice when I was in middle school but better late than never.
8. Chick-fil-A Proposal
9. Star Light Quote
10. Baseball Pun
11. Will You Be My Date?
12. IT-Themed Poster – As creepy as it is, many people love the IT movies. If the person you want to ask is a fan of horror movies, then perhaps going with this IT poster will be all it takes to get them to say yes.
13. Rose Rhyme
14. Cute Football Gift
15. Volleyball Proposal
16. Cute Candy Poster – Who can say no to candy?
17. Goldfish Crackers – Incorporating their favorite snack into it will not only show them that you care but will also leave them with a delicious snack.
18. Cute Freedom Sign
19. I can’t BEAR to go to homecoming without you – Bear puns…who can get angry at that? Serve it up with a life-sized teddy bear and you got yourself a date.
20. Tennis-Themed Proposal
21. Marvel-themed Proposal
22. Friends Show Proposal – Friends is a classic show and it’s perfect to incorporate into a proposal sign because of its iconic font and cool look.
23. Mac N Cheese Homecoming
Homecoming Queen Posters
Voting for a homecoming queen is also a big part of this dance’s tradition. To get your name out there, you gotta put out some good PR. These homecoming poster ideas are the best way to do that. This list below contains some of the best and most hilarious examples of posters that you can make for your campaign!
24. Sweet Bribes – Candy is never a bad idea to include on or near your poster. Take a look at this sweet bribe.
25. Greys Anatomy Choose Me
26. Mirror Mirror – For this poster, they even include the image of a little mirror. I love it.
27. Vote Caroline
28. Cute Stop Sign – Glitter is never a bad idea when making a sign, it’s a real attention getter and isn’t that the whole point of creating a sign?
29. Victoria’s Secret – This one cracks me up. It’s a pun on Victoria’s Secret, and they use a bag as the sign, it’s perfect!
30. Queen Theme
31. Colorful Letters
32. Snapchat Theme – This Snapchat-themed poster is sure to get you some votes.
33. Cactus Theme
34. Hands Down Card Poster
35. Funny Running Poster – ‘I don’t run very often but when I do it’s for Homecoming Queen.’ GOLD.
36. Helmet Theme Poster – This one may take a little extra time to cut the poster into the shape of the helmet, but so worth it in the end.
37. Rhyming Poster
38. Frilly Poster with Sparkles
39. Google Themed Poster – This is so creative! They drew a google search screen with their name as the top result for who should win.
40. Don’t Be A Dum Dum
41. You’re a Star
42. Don’t Go Bananas
43. Spongebob Themed Poster – We all know SpongeBob still has a hold over us all, so this themed poster a guaranteed yes!
44. Double Bubble
Homecoming King Posters
45. Sports Theme Poster – when creating a homecoming king poster, you can never go wrong with a sports theme. Just check out this example!
46. Triangle Poster – Who says that a poster has to be square, you can make any shape you like! Switch it up.
47. Football Themed
48. Vote for Ian
49. Don’t Trash Your Vote – This one is hilarious. Bonus points if you are able to put it up over a trash can in your school!
50. Get Your Head Out Of The Clouds
51. Backwards Poster – This one is a bit of a mind twister but it’s perfect. By the time they read it they will want to vote for you.
52. Take Note and Make the Right Vote – It rhymes…enough said.
53. King and Queen Votes
54. Don’t Pick Your Nose
55. Word Game Poster – This is a play on wheel of fortune but it’s perfect for getting people to vote.
56. Fishing For Votes
57. Horton Hears A Who
58. This Drink Is On Me(Water Fountain) – Obviously, the drinks are on you…they are free. I think humor is really the way to go for any teen election.
59. Vote For Gage
60. Cell Phone Poster – This one may take some extra effort and art skills but it is so cute! They Drew an old school phone on their poster and wrote ‘vote for _’ as if it were a text.
61. Card Themed
62. In and Out
63. Hot Wheel – This is a hot wheels-themed poster, they did such a great job.
65. Redcard Homecoming Pun
Homecoming Dance Posters
For this last group of homecoming poster ideas, I included all of the proposal posters that I just couldn’t leave out. There is a wide mix of themes, all in varying levels of difficulty so if you haven’t gotten an idea for your poster yet, there is something in here to help you out!
66. Homecoming would suck without you!
67. Dance-Themed Poster
68. Reeses Themed Poster
69. Yeti Themed Proposal
70. Smoothie Poster
71. Donkey-Themed Poster
72. Cute Cookie Proposal
73. Mountain Dew Poster
75. Cute Starburst Proposal
76. Song Quote
77. 100% Per-Cent
78. Piñata with Poster
79. Don’t Be A Chicken
80. Uno-Themed Proposal
81. Lucky Duck
82. Hot Cheeto
83. Buffalo Wings
84. Kool Aid
85. Lucky Charms Theme
86. Hi-C Punch Poster
87. Queso Questions