Inside: The best halloween crafts for teens to give them something fun to do.
Halloween is a special holiday, but it is also a holiday with a null period. Between the ages of 14-21, this holiday because a grey area of uncertainty. Are you too old to dress up? Too old to trick or treat? It can be so confusing.
First of all, let it be said that you are never too old to dress up, and you are never too old to go trick or treating, no matter what those grumpy adults say. Candy is for everyone! But still.
I know how much pressure goes into being a teen, so if you want something that will rise that Halloween spirit without having to do something out of your comfort zone, then you are in the right place.
I have created a list of fun Halloween crafts for teens that will excite you for this holiday season. They range from easy peasy to complex, so there is something for any level of crafter. Most of these come in kits, so you will have everything you need.
So without wasting any more time, let’s jump in.
Simple Halloween Crafts for Teens
I wanted to start with the simpler crafts. I know how being overwhelmed can turn craft motivation into crafting devastation. So the small bites will be first; that way, they go down easy! You must check out the later lists if you are a seasoned crafter.
I got most of these in kit form, so you will have everything you need from the get-go. Speaking of getting…get going!
1. Rock Painting – You probably don’t need an actual kit for this, but it will simplify things even more, so why not?
2. Magnet Painting – I had no idea this was a thing. How cool!
3. DIY Pumpkin Stress Ball – Everyone knows how deeply stressful it can be to be a teenager. This craft will not only help them with that, but it will be fun to decorate!
4. Spooky Jar
5. Scratch Off Mask
6. Window Art DIY – Window art can be so much fun because it catches the light and it transforms a whole room.
7. DIY Sticker Maker
8. Glow in the Dark DIY
9. Pumpkin Painting – If you want to switch up the regularly scheduled pumpkin carving, then I recommend something like this. It’ll save your hand from cramping up.
10. Monster Key Chain
11. Halloween Beads
12. Cute Monster Doll DIY – Don’t let the idea of this being childish scare you off sometimes; the best crafts give off that vibe. But this will be a fun time guaranteed.
13. Happy Halloween Sign
14. Halloween Pipe Cleaners
15. Create a Halloween House
Adorable Spooky Crafts For Tweens & Teens
I think that people tend to view certain crafts as child business when they are just simple fun. The crafts below are a little more complex, but don’t let that scare you. They are still so simple to make and will bring you so much joy and holiday spirit that it will be well worth the time.
My personal favorite is the resin earrings, my 8th grade daughter LOVES making this kind of craft right now. Take a look below to get ideas.
16. DIY Hanging Witch Hats
17. Halloween Embroidery Kit – Embroidery can be such a fun pastime. If you start with this, you will find that you’ll be embroidering every holiday.
18. DIY Resin Earrings
19. DIY Blank Mask – Create your own Halloween costume with this blank mask DIY. How cute!
20. Different Shaped Masks
21. Cute Fairy Halloween Jars
22. Decoration DIY
23. Halloween Suncatcher
24. DIY Earrings – If you like making earrings but don’t want to buy everything separately, then you have to see this kit. It has everything you’ll need.
25. Halloween Slime Kit – Slime is satisfying for any age, and you can quote me on that.
26. DIY Cobwebs
27. Mini Witch DIY
28. DIY Spider Decor
29. Halloween Cookies – A little bit of classic Halloween baking will brighten up not only your day but everyone who tries your goodies.
30. DIY Graveyard
Etsy Halloween Crafts
If you like supporting small businesses while getting your craft on, this is the list for you. I have found that Etsy is home to some of the cutest crafting kits on the earth, and I am not being dramatic here. You have to see for yourself.
Go through the examples below and tell me that you didn’t fall in love with at least three or four of these kits!
31. Ghost DIY Kit
32. DIY Halloween Card
33. Halloween Haunted House
34. Witch Craft
35. DIY Wreath Kit
36. Bat Sewing Kit
37. Cute Bracelet DIY
38. Macrame Bat
39. Halloween Candle Making Kit
40. Cute Tier Tray
41. Chic Pumpkin Craft
42. Build Your Own Skeleton
43. Halloween S’more DIY
44. Felt Pumpkin DIY
45. Pumpkin Suncatcher
46. String Witch Hat
Unique Halloween Crafts
If the crafts above weren’t to your liking, have no fear. We still have this last list that holds some of the cutest and most unique Halloween crafts that you will love. You can use them as decoration or give as gives when you are done, so you can have them for years to come.
You may even want to make craft sessions a reoccurring tradition around the spooky holiday. Find out why below.
47. Cute Witch Painting Kit – See if you can get your Van Gogh on and make this simple project a sight to see.
48. Halloween Embroidery Kit
49. Cute Feminine Embroidery
50. DIY Boo Sign – These string signs are one of my new favorite DIYs. They are simple, satisfying, and oh so cute.
51. DIY Halloween Bird Feeder – This one is for you wildlife lovers out there.
52. Cute Pumpkin DIY
53. DIY Fortune Teller
54. High-Quality Painting Activity
55. Crochet Apple Pattern – A poison apple is a Halloween staple, so this craft is epic. If you are good at crocheting, then please, for all that is good in this world, make this.
56. Scary Wreath
57. Wooden Painting Kit
58. Pumpkin Cross Stitch – Cross stitching is one of the most satisfying pastimes. I think that if you just start one, you will find that out for yourself.
59. Witch Crafts – As if the name itself wasn’t punny enough…
60. Pumpkin Mosaic – This is one of the more complex ones, but it’ll be well worth the work!
61. Wooden Ghost
62. Halloween Painting Set
63. Halloween Craft Supplies
There you have it, over 60 of the internet’s coolest Halloween crafts for teens, some of them even involve costume making! What did you think? Did you find something that you loved? If you didn’t, I would be shocked because my shopping cart is full. Whoever said crafting is better on the budget were liars, or perhaps they never saw these crafts.
I hope that you found inspiration from these, and if you didn’t purchase one for yourself, then I hope that you had fun looking through them at the very least. Crafts aren’t just good for your brain but for your soul. It sounds cheesy, but I have never met a crafter who was unhappy.
Halloween is such a fun time to incorporate some festive activities. You have to give these teens something to do since they aren’t be trick or treating. Why not have that activity include some hot gluing?