Inside: Best short term goals for high school students.
Setting short-term goals can be a very fun and beneficial task to undertake, especially when you are in High School. Starting to set your own goals at a young age will help you stick through with things as you get older, plus it teaches you how to make changes in your life and how to achieve the things you want.
With so many benefits, how could you not want to set goals? I feel like the majority of us jump to the big stuff when we think about goal setting. For things like becoming rich or getting into a college, we overlook the smaller things.
Don’t get me wrong, the big things are important, but they can also discourage you if you don’t look at the little steps it takes to get there.
The little goals add up. You start with one thing, then another, and pretty soon, your whole life has been changed for the better. So today I wanted to share with you some short-term goals for high school students.
How to set short-term goals
As I said above, only creating huge goals can be very detrimental to being able to reach the finish line. It would be like saying, “My goal is to be rich.” but not having a plan to get there. Without the plan(full of little actions), you will not be able to reach your goal.
So the best way to teach yourself how to see your goals through to the end is to start with some smaller ones. That way, you can prove to yourself that you are capable, and you can start making small changes in your life.
These goals don’t need to be grand; in fact, they can be quite the opposite. These are the everyday things that steer you in the direction of being your happiest self. Things like getting 8 hours of sleep every night, drinking water, and saving up for a car. You can start to make little adjustments to the way you are living to help you promote a healthier and happier life.
Start small; show yourself that you can implement something new into your life. Then you can use that momentum to keep on rolling into the life that you dreamed about.
Simple Short Term Goals for High School Students
I thought starting with some simple ideas would be a great place to start. But before we get into this, take a moment to think about your ideal self. What do they look like? What kind of life makes them happy? Once you have a clean image of that take a look at the list below.
1. Turning in All Homework ON TIME.
2. Making Your Bed Every Morning
3. Washing Your Face Morning and Night.
4. Journalling Once a Day.
5. Establishing a Night Routine.
6. Establishing a Morning Routine.
7. Take your Daily Vitamin.
8. Tell your parents you love them.
9. Keep Your Room Tidy.
10. Save Up Money
11. Put Away Laundry
Goals for Internal Growth
These goals are more centered around your internal world. Below is a list of things that you can start to incorporate into your daily life that will enrich your soul and encourage growth. In today’s fast-paced society, it can be hard to just be with our thoughts, but it is very important.
12. Read A Book
13. Listen to a Ted Talk.
14. Meditate for 5 Minutes.
15. Go for more walks without being on your phone.
16. Spend time outside.
17. Limit your social media use.
18. Reflect on what makes you happy.
19. Say affirmations to yourself every day.
20. Find 3 things to be grateful for before you get out of bed.
21. Think about areas that you could improve in.
22. Give back to your community.
Short Term Goals for High School Students: Hobbies
Picking up a hobby is a great way to work on your brain. Did you know that hobbies are proven to connect your neuro pathways while also improving your confidence? Seriously!
24. Learn to take up Embroidery
25. Learn to take up Guitar
26. Learn to take up Drawing
27. Learn to take up Singing
28. Learn to take up Knitting
29. Learn to take up video editing
30. Learn to take up interior design
31. Learn to take up photography
32. Learn to take up writing
33. Learn to take up collecting crystals
34. Learn to take up candle making
Short Term Routine Goals
Having a good routine in your life has been proven to help promote good mental health while reducing your risk of depression. It’s crazy how doing such simple things can have such a powerful impact.
35. Make sure you get a full 8 hours.
36. Drink eight glasses of water a day.
37. Eat plenty of fruits and vegetables.
38. Have a homework routine
39. Walk/Take care of your pet
40. Do general tidying up
41. Add stretching to your morning routine
42. Brush your teeth twice a day
43. Go to bed around the same time
44. No screens after 9:30
45. Practice mindfulness
46. Journal at night
47. Take care of your plants
48. Drink Tea before bed
Cool Short Term Goals for High School Students
And lastly, we have some cool Short Term Goals for High School Students. These are the ones that are more fun and will be a blast working towards. Check these out!
49. Save up for a car
40. Save up for a concert
41. Work on running a mile
42. Find a group to join outside of school
43. Redecorate your bedroom.
44. Start a dog-walking business
45. Learn how to speak another language
46. Save up and get a new wardrobe
47. Start applying to colleges
48. See if you want to study abroad
49. Start your own business
50. Keep a plant alive
51. Get to know your city a little better
52. Volunteer at your dog shelter
53. Make food/lunches for people in need.
54. Learn how to cook
55. Learn a new life hack every week
56. Figure out your personal style
Printable Short-Term Goal Planners
If you are like me and love to see your goals out on paper, then these adorable short-term goal planners are perfect for you. I think are going to love these. The first one has goal recommendations, and then the rest are customizable!
57. Simple Healthy Goals Printable
58. Simple Goal Setting Customizable PDF
59. S.M.A.R.T Goals Planner
60. Cute Bubble Planner
61. 12 Page Goal Planner
62. Adorable Goal Planner
63. Inspirational Goal Planner
64 Short-Term Goal Board
65. Strive to Be: Poster
66. Cream Colored Planner
67. Short Term Goal Planner with Cute Decorations
I hope you loved learning about short-term goals and how to set them. It can feel like a daunting task, but in reality, finishing a goal is a bunch of small steps added together that get you to where you want to go.
I think that these Short Term Goals for High School Students are the perfect way to start on that path to your dream life. I know they seem small, but they will make a world of difference when you stick to them because that is what is important: that you are sticking to it. When the task is smaller, it is much easier to stick with it.
If you like this topic of self-help and growth, then you are going to love some of the other articles we have here. We cover everything from what to write about in your journal to ways you can improve your self-care. Check this out!