Inside: 47 Advent Calendar Ideas for Teens.
Getting a teen to pay attention to anything but their phone during dinner may be easier than choosing an advent calendar for them. Teenagers can be challenging to shop for because their tastes change rapidly and it can be difficult to anticipate their needs.
Beautiful, recyclable advent calendars, which are fun to use and allow for the addition of personal touches by the user, are widely available.
Among the following suggestions for a teen Advent calendar, you’re sure to find something that your kiddo will be excited to find behind the door each day leading up to Christmas.
What Is an Advent Calendar?
A small item or devotional phrase is typically hidden behind a door on an Advent calendar each day to help countdown the days until Christmas. Calendars are traditionally rectangular cards or boxes with doors or windows that can be opened in order every day of Advent. These can be hung on the wall or placed on a table. Behind each window of a calendar, you may find holiday treats, a Bible verse or devotion, a small toy or gift, or some other surprise.
In the 1800s, German Lutherans began using candles and chalk marks on the wall to keep track of the days until Christmas, which eventually gave rise to the modern Advent calendar. Since then, using an Advent calendar has spread throughout the world as a standard custom during the Christmas season. You can find calendars in every shape and theme imaginable, from those shaped like trees to those depicting scenes from religious holidays to those depicting sports and hobbies to even those featuring characters from popular television shows and cartoons.
When Do You Start the Advent Calendar?
Traditional Advent begins on Advent Sunday, the fourth Sunday before Christmas (or the First Sunday of Advent). Thus, the first day of Advent could fall on any date between November 27 and December 3, depending on the year. Advent calendars created especially for a given year may begin on Advent Sunday so that they coincide precisely with the liturgical calendar.
The typical Advent calendar, however, begins on December 1 and ends on December 24. (or sometimes the 25th). Starting at the first of the month allows you to easily count down to Christmas. And if you go with a refillable Advent calendar, you can always add fresh treats and seasonal surprises for the next holiday season.
Advent Calendar Ideas for Teens
These fun advent calendar ideas are perfect for your teen.
1. Hanging Christmas Bags Advent Idea
2. Neutral Colored Cloth Bags on Mantel
3. Printable Advent Calendar of Houses
4. Black Paper Bags with Stars
5. Small Felted Stockings Advent Calendar Idea
6. Hanging from a Door
7. Envelopes Advent Calendar
8. Paper Bag Advent Countdown
9. Christmas Tree
10. Candy Cane
Advent Calendar for Teenage Girl
11. Colorful Advent Calendar
12. Hanging Gifts
13. Colorful Envelopes
14. Advent Countdown
15. Drawn Houses
16. Tree Forest Idea
Advent Calendar Gift Ideas for Teenage Girl
If you don’t go with a specific themed advent calendar, here are a few filler ideas that are perfect for teenage girls.
18. Gift Cards
19. Make Up Goodies
20. Nail Polish
21. Hair Clips Or Scrunchies
22. Fuzzy Socks
Teen Boy Advent Calendar Ideas
24. Paper Houses
26. Canvas Bags with Numbers
27. Lego Advent Calendar
28. Basketball Themed
29. Hanging Gifts
Teen Advent Calendar Gift Ideas for Boys
Again, if you haven’t chosen a specific themed advent, here are a few filler ideas for teen boys.
31. Gift Cards
33. Video Game
34. Sports Accessory
35. Waterbottle or Workout Gear
Christmas Countdown Ideas for Teens
These Christmas countdown ideas are great ways to skip out on daily gifts and focus on the excitement of Christmas approaching.
36. Christmas Poppers
37. Kindness Countdown
38. Christmas Candy Chain
39. Magazine Coundown
40. Mini Stocking Idea
41. Candy Countdown
42. Activity for Christmas
43. Personalized Tree Forrest
44. Goodie Bags
45. Countdown to Christmas
46. Village Countdown
47. Stocking Coundown
More Ideas for Teens You’ll Love
If you like these advent calendar ideas for teens then check out a few more of our favorite activities for teenagers.
- Elf On The Shelf Ideas for Teens – The elf on the shelf is a part of Christmas that will always be special and memorable, no matter how old we are. Elf on the shelf is a lot of work to set up for the entire December. Check out the hilarious elf on the shelf ideas for teenagers below, and things will get much simpler and more fun from here on out. So, let’s not waste any more time and get down to business right away.
- Teen Party Game Ideas – It’s not always easy to plan a successful party for adolescent guests. You’ll need to arrange entertaining activities in addition to the food, decorations, and guests. When we want to break the ice, engage the kids, and make sure that everyone has a good time at a party, we often turn to games. Here are some of our favorite games for a teen party that kids of all ages will love.
- Business Ideas for Teens – Here are some of our favorite business ideas for teens to help them get started if they are motivated but cannot find a job due to scheduling conflicts or age restrictions.