Inside: 53 Cute Tattoo Ideas for Teens.
Chances are, for most teens, this is your first tattoo.
Tattoos are a creative way to express oneself. And, if you have a teen who wants to get inked with quotes or images that may or may not hold much meaning, it is worth considering some options before you decide on one for life.
I can’t seem to get enough of cute tattoos for girls.
While tattoos have an aesthetic appeal, they are also meaningful works of art that can significantly impact one’s personality or how one is perceived in the world. It’s a great way to make a fashion statement and stand out in the crowd.
As much as teens hate to hear it, you are still VERY YOUNG, and although it may seem like you have life figured out… you don’t. So one of the best pieces of advice we can offer you for getting a tattoo as a teen is, smaller is always better.
A tattoo doesn’t have to be HUGE to hold a big meaning or pack a big impact. Small tattoos, done properly can be some of the best and most beautiful designs.
There are TONS of things to consider though before actually getting inked. Check out a few tips for first-time tattoos and find some four favorite cool and cute tattoo ideas for teens.
First Tattoo Tips
- Don’t Rush: The design is quite possibly the most important step, followed closely by where you get it done. If you’re not sure that you’re 100% happy with how the preliminary sketches look, talk to your artist about it. They can adjust the drawing and answer your questions.
- Research the Shop: Read the online reviews and visit in person to check out the health standards, clientele, and tattoo artists.
- Consider Placement: Your first tattoo is a special experience in and of itself, you may not want to choose something really huge or extremely visible (such as your face/neck/hands) for your first one.
- Take Care of It: Tattoo aftercare is something you should take seriously – we do. Healing your tattoo is just as important as the process itself
During the first few days post-tattoo, you’ll want to make sure you are washing your tattoo about two to five times a day, then following with a light layer of ointment. A good amount of air is great for the ink, so it’s critical to make sure the skin can breathe. On the first night, it’s normal to wrap the area in plastic wrap so it doesn’t stick to your bedding, but after that, make sure the design is free from coverage and getting ventilation.
Learn more about aftercare and treating your tattoo right here!
Tattoo Ideas for Teens
Now let’s dive into some fun and cool inspiration for teens and their tattoos. Check out a few of our favorite designs and find your own inspiration.
1. Black and White Pinky Promise Tattoo
2. Self Love Quote on Hip
3. Small Heart on Inner Finger
4. Cute Cherries on Ankle
5. Simple Bandaid Outline with Flowers
6. Small Outlined Butterfly Tattoo
7. Tiny Text on Neck
8. Single Line Flower Tattoo Idea
9. Typewriter Text Year Design
10. Happy and Sad Face Tattoo
11. Cresent Moon Tattoo on Hip
12. Create Quote on Hand
Cool Tattoos for Teens
13. Small Tree Tattoo on Ribs
14. Little Mountain View Design
15. Flowers on Finger Tattoo
16. “Wild” with Bundle of Flowers
17. Cactus Outline on Ankle
18. Music Notes on Shoulder
19. Little Detailed Butterfly
20. Angel Wings Tattoo
21. Love Yourself Tattoo Art
22. Fingers Crossed Tattoo Design
23. Small Realistic Sunflower Tattoo
24. “Be Kind” in Small Script Font
Small Tattoo Ideas for Teenage Girl
Keeping tattoos small, especially for teens is recommended. You never know if your style will change, evolve, or grow. Here are a few of our favorite trendy small tattoo ideas for teenagers.
25. Tiny Bird Tattoo
26. Cute Small Hummingbird Tattoo Design
27. Little Fish Swimming Tattoo Idea
28. Black and White Flower Stems
29. Two Small Butterflies Tattoo
30. Little Bumblebee Design
31. Simple Daisy Tattoo on Wrist
32. Detailed Dragonfly Outline
33. Small Open Book Tattoo Idea
34. Little Lava Lamp Tattoo
35. Tiny Four Leaf Clover
36. Little Lightning Bold on Ankle
37. Smiley Face on Finger Idea
38. Black and White Bumblebee Tattoo
39. Matching Sparkle Tattoo
Cute Tattoos for Teens
40. Amor Quote on Foot
41. Small Single Line Portrait Tattoo
42. Leaf Stem Behind Ear
43. Heart Outline on Wrist
44. Art on Chest
45. Half of a Strawberry Tattoo
46. Pink Gummy Bear Tattoo Idea
47. Small Candy Heart Outline
48. Rainbow on Wrist Tattoo
49. Tiny Red Flower Tattoo Designs
50. “Honey” Written on Ribcage
51. Small Baby Text on Back of Neck
52. Self Love in Small Script
53. Shooting Star Tattoo
More Cool Ideas for Teenagers
If you like these tattoo ideas for teens then check out a few more of our favorite posts teens will love.
- Top Travel Programs for Teens – Looking for travel abroad programs for high school students that rarely disappoint? You’re at the brink of adulthood and even during breaks from school, commitments are starting to pile up—summer school, part-time jobs, Netflix binges, to name a few. Don’t let that stop you from having the experience of a lifetime before the responsibilities (and college applications) pile on too thick. There’s a lot to think about when choosing a provider for your short-term high school abroad program. Don’t worry, we have put together the top 10 teen travel programs for your teenager to visit.
- Fun Activities in Las Vegas for Teens – There are a ton of cool things to do in Las Vegas with teens. Exciting tour options include everything a teenager wants to see and conquer including zip lines, roller coasters, navigating an ATV or dune buggy, and there are even options to take them to a shooting range.
- Educational Rights for Teens – Your child just turned 18! That sure is scary for a lot of reasons. Your child is now technically an adult and has a brand new world before them. Something to consider when your 18 year old starts this new chapter of their life is their rights as a student. The same rules don’t fly with an adult student. These changes might seem scary, so we’re here to walk you through what’s different. It is also helpful to explain this information to your 18 year old so that they’re familiar with their rights as an 18 year old high schooler.