Inside: 53 Cute Tattoo Ideas for Teens.
Chances are, for most teens, this is your first tattoo.
Tattoos are a unique method of self-expression. And if your teen is eager to get inked with words or pictures that might or might not have any deep significance, you may want to give them some time to think about their decision before making a permanent commitment.
Tattoos are not only beautiful to look at, but also purposeful works of art that can profoundly change one’s identity or how they are perceived by others. Make a style statement and grab everyone’s attention with this awesome accessory.
Teens often need to be reminded that despite their apparent maturity, they are still very young. If you’re a teen thinking about getting a tattoo, one piece of advice we can give you is this: the smaller the better.
The size of a tattoo is not necessarily indicative of its significance or impact. When done skillfully, even the smallest tattoos can be works of art.
There are a TON of factors to think about before getting inked, though. Learn the ins and outs of getting your first tattoo, and peruse four of our favorite designs for young adults.
First Tattoo Tips
- Don’t Rush: The planning stage is crucial, closely followed by the implementation phase. Talk to your artist if you’re not completely satisfied with the look of the rough drafts. They are able to make changes to the sketch and address your concerns.
- Research the Shop:You can learn a lot about a tattoo parlor’s cleanliness, customer base, and tattoo artists by reading reviews online and then going there in person.
- Consider Placement: Getting your first tattoo is a big deal, so you might not want to get it somewhere highly visible (like your face, neck, or hands) just yet.
- Take Care of It: If you get a tattoo, just know that we take aftercare just as seriously as you do. Recovering from a tattoo is as crucial as getting one.
Tattoos need to be washed and lightly oiled for the first few days after they’ve been done. This should be done anywhere from two to five times per day. It’s important to make sure the skin can breathe because fresh air helps the ink last longer. After the initial night of covering the area in plastic wrap to prevent it from sticking to your sheets, you should remove the wrap and allow the design to breathe.
Learn more about aftercare and treating your tattoo right here!
Tattoo Ideas for Teens
All right, let’s get into some cool ideas for tattoos that teenagers will find captivating. Look at some of our favorite layouts and use them as motivation for your own work.
1. Black and White Pinky Promise Tattoo
2. Self Love Quote on Hip
3. Small Heart on Inner Finger
4. Cute Cherries on Ankle
5. Simple Bandaid Outline with Flowers
6. Small Outlined Butterfly Tattoo
7. Tiny Text on Neck
8. Single Line Flower Tattoo Idea
9. Typewriter Text Year Design
10. Happy and Sad Face Tattoo
11. Cresent Moon Tattoo on Hip
12. Create Quote on Hand
Cool Tattoos for Teens
13. Small Tree Tattoo on Ribs
14. Little Mountain View Design
15. Flowers on Finger Tattoo
16. “Wild” with Bundle of Flowers
17. Cactus Outline on Ankle
18. Music Notes on Shoulder
19. Little Detailed Butterfly
20. Angel Wings Tattoo
21. Love Yourself Tattoo Art
22. Fingers Crossed Tattoo Design
23. Small Realistic Sunflower Tattoo
24. “Be Kind” in Small Script Font
Small Tattoo Ideas for Teenage Girl
Keeping tattoos small, especially for teens is recommended. You never know if your style will change, evolve, or grow. Here are a few of our favorite trendy small tattoo ideas for teenagers.
25. Tiny Bird Tattoo
26. Cute Small Hummingbird Tattoo Design
27. Little Fish Swimming Tattoo Idea
28. Black and White Flower Stems
29. Two Small Butterflies Tattoo
30. Little Bumblebee Design
31. Simple Daisy Tattoo on Wrist
32. Detailed Dragonfly Outline
33. Small Open Book Tattoo Idea
34. Little Lava Lamp Tattoo
35. Tiny Four Leaf Clover
36. Little Lightning Bold on Ankle
37. Smiley Face on Finger Idea
38. Black and White Bumblebee Tattoo
39. Matching Sparkle Tattoo
Cute Tattoos for Teens
40. Amor Quote on Foot
41. Small Single Line Portrait Tattoo
42. Leaf Stem Behind Ear
43. Heart Outline on Wrist
44. Art on Chest
45. Half of a Strawberry Tattoo
46. Pink Gummy Bear Tattoo Idea
47. Small Candy Heart Outline
48. Rainbow on Wrist Tattoo
49. Tiny Red Flower Tattoo Designs
50. “Honey” Written on Ribcage
51. Small Baby Text on Back of Neck
52. Self Love in Small Script
53. Shooting Star Tattoo
More Cool Ideas for Teenagers
If you like these tattoo ideas for teens then check out a few more of our favorite posts teens will love.
- Top Travel Programs for Teens – Checking out high school students’ travel abroad programs that rarely let them down? You’re on the cusp of adulthood, which means that even during break periods, you have a lot on your plate, what with summer school, part-time jobs, and Netflix marathons. Don’t let the prospect of adult responsibilities (and college applications) deter you from having the adventure of a lifetime now. Selecting a service for your high school’s semester or summer abroad program requires careful consideration of many factors. If you are worried about your adolescent, we have compiled a list of the top 10 travel programs for teens.
- Fun Activities in Las Vegas for Teens – There are a ton of cool things to do in Las Vegas with teens. Exciting tour options include everything a teenager wants to see and conquer including zip lines, roller coasters, navigating an ATV or dune buggy, and there are even options to take them to a shooting range.
- Educational Rights for Teens – Your child just turned 18! That sure is scary for a lot of reasons. Your child is now technically an adult and has a brand new world before them. Something to consider when your 18 year old starts this new chapter of their life is their rights as a student. The same rules don’t fly with an adult student. These changes might seem scary, so we’re here to walk you through what’s different. It is also helpful to explain this information to your 18 year old so that they’re familiar with their rights as an 18 year old high schooler.