Inside: The Best Bikes for Teens.
Choosing the best bicycle for teenagers can be difficult because there are so many options and features to consider. That is why we are here to help you.
If your teen doesn’t like to work out and is stuck on their phone all day, a bike can help them go outdoors and ride with their friends. These bikes offer durability and smooth performance for a hassle-free ride.
We looked all over the internet for the best bikes for teens, check out what we found!
Types Of Bikes for Teens
Before clicking the buy button, you should decide what type of bicycle to get for your teen – whether they would like a mountain bike, hybrid bike, BMX bike, or road bike.
- Mountain Bikes are also an excellent option for teenagers. They are great for trails and choppy terrains and they usually have a suspension fork and wider tires to smooth out bumps. Most teens prefer to ride a hardtail mountain bike with a suspension fork.
- Road Bikes are ideal for use when commuting on paved roads in the city or town. They can also be used for cyclocross, touring, and racing on professional tracks. They are faster but require more experience, and the more aerodynamic position is not so comfortable for most teens.
- Hybrid Bikes are designed for use on paved roads and gravel roads. They are great for commuting or leisure riding around the block. Generally speaking, hybrids are comfortable to ride, straightforward, and great for paved roads. The upright riding position helps teens to gain confidence.
- Specialty Bikes come with exclusive design and performance features. Beach cruiser bikes, electric bikes, cargo bikes, and foldable bikes come under this category.
Best Bikes for Teens + Tweens
Electra Loft 7D Women’s Bike
- European style commuter
- Simple 7-speed setup
- Fenders included
- Retro Leatherette Dual Spring saddle
- Not the best gear range
- A bit expensive at $600
Teenager girls love the look of this European-style urban commuter. Electra is a brand owned by Trek, so you know what that means – quality built and parts.
We like the fact that the bike comes equipped with some serious parts in the comfort category. From the amazing retro dual-spring saddle to the painted aluminum fenders.
This is one of the best bikes for teenage girl, but it’s cool and trendy style makes it a favorite.
Schwinn High Timber Youth and Adult Mountain Bike
- Two sizes of 24-inch and 29-inch wheels accommodate riders of different height range
- Front and rear linear-pull brakes for safe stopping
- Easy to change gears with precision
- Wheels have alloy rims that offer strength
- Schwinn alloy crank provides smooth gearing and less maintenance
- The seat may be a little uncomfortable
- Does not come assembled
The Schwinn high timber bike comes with a steel frame and suspension fork for durability. Both adults and youth can find riding this bike comfortable. The bike is available in a variety of colors and styles. It features Shimano Revoshift twist shifters and a 21-speed rear derailleur.
- Safe and sturdy for long-term use
- The rear coaster brake provides good control
- Removable and adjustable training wheels are flexible
- The handlebar pad is smooth and comfortable for riding
- Adjustable and padded seat
- Front and rear body reflectors offer improved visibility in the dark
- Difficult to assemble
The Dynacraft Magna Throttle BMX bike could be one of the best teen bikes as it is versatile and allows you to ride on the street and off roads. It is available in vivid color combinations, and the deluxe paint finish on the frame adds elegance to the bike. The features include added black saddle, rugged BMX frame, coaster brake, and two-piece pad set.
Best Mountain Bikes for Teenagers
Check out a few of our favorite mountain bikes for teens. We recommend these bikes for 13 -15 year olds, they are safe, easy to maneuver, and offer tons of pros.
Huffy Hardtail Mountain Bike
- Hi-ten steel hardtail frame provides reliable performance and great acceleration on straight surfaces and uphill climbs
- Removal rear derailleur guard protects the gears from damage
- Linear tension handbrakes facilitate consistent and dependable stopping
- ATP-type resin paddles with premium padding and stitched side offer comfort
- Adjustable seat post
- Backed by a limited lifetime warranty
- Ideal for short-term riding only
The Huffy hardtail mountain bike comes with 21 speeding options for outdoor adventures. It is suitable for riders of height above 5ft. Its Shimano rear derailleur and a micro-shift twister help switch between the speeds. The 24 “x 1.95” knobby tires provide good traction in both wet and dry conditions. Other features, including a suspension fork, handles, bumps, and dips ensure a smooth ride. You can get this bike in a wide range of colors and sizes.
Kent KZ2600 Dual-Suspension Mountain Bike
- Front and rear disc brakes for safe stopping
- 26-inch double-wall alloy rims with 36 spokes provide extra durability and strength
- Suitable for both tall and short teens
- Lightweight and easy to assemble
- Seat may be hard for some riders
The Kent Thruster KZ2600 bike features a durable 6061 aluminum frame, 25-inch wheels, disc brakes, and rear derailleur gears. Stopping the bike is made simple with the disc brakes and the linear-pull brakes, while shifting of gears is made smoother with the Shimano 21-speed shifters with rear tourney derailleur. The bike has a rugged look and is adult-sized, making it an ideal pick for older boys and girls.
Best Bikes for Young Adults
Hiland 26” Aluminum Mountain Bike
- Integrated wheels and high-quality paint finish make it attractive
- Dual-disc brakes offer stability and better stoppage
- 21-speeding options ensure total control in every situation
- Can withstand everyday and special loads
- Highly reliable and long-lasting
- Comes 85% assembled
- Quite heavy
- Seat may be uncomfortable for some riders
Although designed for off-road cycling, the Hiland mountain bike is suitable for cross country ride and everyday rides to school and work. It has an average-sized 17-inch frame made of aluminum and features a 21-speed gearbox, suspension fork, prowheel crank, Shimano TY21 Tourney derailleur, Shimano 14-28T cassette, and dual-disc brakes. The bike weighs around 32.8 lb and can accommodate riders of different heights.
KGK Electric Bike
- Adjustable seat post
- Easy to assembly
- Dual disc brakes for safe riding
- Front suspension fork for smooth riding
- May not be suitable for very short height
his bike is equipped with three working modes – ride mode, pass mode, and electric mode, and seven-speed gears. You can use this bike as a normal bike by turning OFF the power or changing it to an electric bike by turning ON the power. The speed gears assist in smooth riding in various terrains. It goes 45 miles per battery charge and takes three to five hours to charge fully. The bike comes with a 36V 10.4AH removable lithium battery. You can even charge your phone while riding this electric bike with the help of a USB charger.
Yintacy Made in America Mountain Bike
- Durable and sturdy steel frame
- Six-spoke fashion rims for a safe and quick ride
- Wide knobby mountain tires and alloy wheels add stability
- Easy to fold and portable
- Dual-disc brakes for quick stopping
- Can withstand weight up to 265lb
- May not be comfortable for short riders and those with a height of above 6”
The Yintacy Made in America mountain bike features a high carbon steel front suspension frame that is foldable. This mountain bike is known for its excellent welding technology and is an ideal cruising bike. It features 26-inch wheels, 21-speeding options, knobby tires, clamp, and front and rear disc brakes.
More Cool Ideas for Teenagers
If you like these cool bikes for teens ideas, then check out a few more of our favorite posts for your teen.
- Cute Hairstyles for Teens – From beach waves and messy buns to epic braids and super straight sleek hair, there are literally hundreds (and hundreds) of hairstyles to inspire teen girls! So, if your favorite girl is looking for a new hairstyle this season, we’ve gathered the cutest hairstyles around to give her the inspiration she needs!
- Teen Volunteer Programs – If you have a senior or upcoming senior, thinking about volunteer programs is so important to consider. Volunteering also benefits your teen by building their self-confidence and imparting empathy. Additionally, many college applications ask teens to list their service projects. If you’re not sure where to find volunteer work for your teen, consider these options which usually offer something in every local community.
- Fun First Day Ideas for Teens – Some first dates are as simple and easy as going out to dinner and getting dessert, while others involve staying at home to cook together, playing games, watching the sunset, and having a movie night. Teenage couples may want to do something special and unique, especially for an anniversary. These first-date ideas are perfect for teen couples.