Inside: Fun Riddles for Teens with Answers (That Are Harder Than You Think).
Isn’t it funny how teenagers just think they know everything? Play a little game of wits with these riddles, you for sure be keeping them on their toes and maybe even stumping them on a few of the answers.
These riddles for teens with answers are so fun to play on a family game night while sitting around the dinner table, or as a fun teaser posted on the fridge. Check them out and let us know in the comments how many you guessed correctly.
Funny Riddles for Teens
You’ll have a blast sharing these riddles for middle schoolers and teens. These make great classroom questions as well, a fun way to get those brains working throughout the day!
1. You’re in a race and you pass the person in second place. What place are you in now?
Answer: Second place.
2. How can you go 10 days without sleep?
Answer: You sleep at night.
3. You throw away my outside, eat my inside, then throw away the inside. What am I?
Answer: Corn on the cob.
4. An Uber driver is going the opposite way down a one-way street. He passes five policemen along the way, none of which stops him. Why not?
Answer: Because the Uber driver was walking.
5. What has 13 hearts, but no lungs or stomach?
Answer: A deck of cards.
6. If you have it, you don’t share it. If you share it, you don’t have it. What is it?
Answer: A secret.
7. Two fathers and two sons are in a car, yet there are only three people in the car. How?
Answer: They are a grandfather, father, and son.
8. A man shaves many times during the day, but at the end of the day, he still has a beard. How is this possible?
Answer: The man is a barber.
9. The person who makes it has no need of it, and neither does the person who buys it. But the person who uses it can neither see nor feel it. What is it?
Answer: A coffin.
10. While a cat was outside, it started to downpour. The cat couldn’t find any shelter and got completely soaked by the rain, yet not a single hair was wet. How could this be?
Answer: It was a hairless cat.
11. You are in a dark room with a box of matches. Nearby are three things: a candle, an oil lamp and a log of firewood. Which do you light first?
Answer: The match
Cool Riddles for Tweens
These cool riddles for teens with answers are perfect to share with any tween or teen.
12. This vehicle is spelled the same from the front as well as from the back. What is it?
Answer: A racecar
13. What can go up a chimney down, but cannot go down a chimney up?
Answer: An umbrella.
14. What has no beginning, end, or middle?
Answer: A doughnut.
15. If there are three apples and you take two, how many do you have?
16. I call the trees my home, yet I never go inside, and if I ever fall off the tree I will surely die.
17. Two people were playing chess and both won. How did this happen?
Answer: They were playing against other opponents. Chess is also one of the genius brain boosters for kids you can do together.
18. A cowboy rode into town on Friday. He stayed in town for three days and rode out on Friday. How was that possible?
Answer: Friday was the name of his horse.
19. What eight-letter word remains a word as you keep removing one letter from it?
20. It has four fingers and a thumb but isn’t alive. What is it?
Answer: A glove
21. Tom is younger than Dave but older than Jill. Lou is older than Sally who is older than Tom. Dave is older than Lou. Who is the middle child?
22. What is heavy going forward but not going backward?
23. What goes up and never comes down?
Answer: Your age.
24. What can go through glass without breaking it?
Hard Riddles for Teens
A few of these riddles get a little tougher making them great riddles for high school students.
25. What comes up to let us go, or goes down to make us stay?
Answer: An anchor.
26. Here’s a list of sports: golf, darts, tennis, cricket, football, badminton. Which should come next: archery, boxing, squash, gymnastics, or baseball?
27. I start in little but I end in full, you’ll find me in half and complete.
Answer: The letter “L”
28. What question can you never answer yes to?
Answer: Are you asleep?
29. I am an odd number. Take away a letter and I become even. What number am I?
30. What word is always spelled wrong?
31. There is an electric train that is headed towards the east. So, where does the smoke go?
Answer: There is none: An electric train produces no smoke.
32. I am a ball that rolls but can’t bounce or be thrown.
Answer: An eyeball.
33. I am the only organ that named myself. What am I?
Answer: The brain.
34. How far can a fox run into the woods?
Answer: Halfway; otherwise he’d be running out of the woods.
35. Which word is least like the others? Third, fourth, fifth, sixth, seventh, eighth, or ninth?
36. A girl buys a dozen eggs and, on the way home, all but seven break. How many eggs are left unbroken?
37. A farmer has a bag of corn, a hen, and a fox. He has to cross a river, but his boat is only big enough to carry one thing with him. If the hen is left with the corn, she will eat it. If the hen is left with the fox, the fox will eat the hen. How can the farmer get all the three things across the river?
Answer: The farmer takes the hen with him in the boat and leaves it on the other bank. Then he goes back and brings the fox back with him. He drops off the fox on the other side but then brings the hen back along with him. Then he drops it on the first bank and takes the corn with him. He leaves the corn across the river with the fox. Last, he then returns for the last time to get the hen.
More Posts Teens Will Love
If you like these riddles for teens with answers and want to t to enjoy more, then check out these riddle books for teens and if you’re just looking for some more fun that teenagers will love, then check out a few more of our favorite posts.
- Blog Ideas for Teens – Does your teen have a special interest, or maybe they are just talented writers or storytellers… Any teen out there that has ever considered sharing their talent with the world should totally dive into blogging. It’s a great way for them to express themselves, their values, and their talents. Check out a few kick-starter ideas for new bloggers.
- Hairstyles for Teens – From beachy waves and messy buns to epic braids and super straight sleek hair, there are literally hundreds (and hundreds) of hairstyles to inspire teen girls! So, if your favorite girl is looking for a new hairstyle this season, we’ve gathered the cutest hairstyles around to give her the inspiration she needs!
- Cute Date Ideas for Teens – With their nails and hair done, these teens obviously need a reason to show them off (other than Instagram of course). What better way to show off your new style than on a date. These fun teen date ideas are perfect for those teens that may or may not be able to drive or lack in the money department. Each is still a blast and makes for a great first-date idea.