Inside: Fun Things To Do in Nashville with Teens
Nashville is so much more than the heart of country music and the home of the Grand Ole Opry! When you are sitting at a local dive or walking along the many places to shop, you never know if you will run into one of your favorite artists or celebrities.
While there are lots of different things to do if you are an adult, like clubs and bars, you might be surprised to know that there are TONS of things to do that are family friendly.
Take your teens out and watch them as they smile from ear to ear with all the shopping, excitement, and events to keep them entertained.
Table of Contents
Shopping in Nashville
We all know that a trip to the city includes some major shopping trips (or at least mine do!). And you are in luck because Nashville has everything from low key coffee shops to the cutest boutiques you can imagine. Here are a few of the top trendy places to take your teen shopping in Nashville.
- Lemon Laine – You can schedule an appointment for a facial or go in and check out their many beauty products!
- Hatch Show Print – This place is so much fun! Filled with lots of vintage posters and prints.
- The Mall at Green Hills – You’ll find a little bit of everything at this mall, including clothing stores, book stores, and places to grab a quick snack.
- Opry Mills – Another mall that is packed with shopping opportunities! Be sure to stop into the Rainforest Cafe for some tasty eats!
- Able – It’s a high-end type shop. Prices are slightly more expensive, but you’re getting higher-quality goods that were sourced ethically!
Best Grub In Nashville
Here are our favorite family friendly restaurants in Nashville. They will have you drooling…
- Edley’s Bar-B-Que
- Burger Up Franklin
- Nicky’s Cole Fired
- BoomBozz Craft Pizza & Taphouse
- Fat Bottom Brewing
- Five Points Pizza
- Fenwick’s 300
- The Row Kitchen & Pub
- Double Dogs
Best Local Coffee Shops
We all know that when you go on vacation, you are often running from place to place to take in all the sites. For a burst of energy, stop into any of these top coffee shops for an iced mocha, tea, or even a smoothie to energize. Many of them sell baked goods and other food items as well.
- Bonjo Java
- Killebrew Coffee
- Sam & Zoes
- Retrograde Coffee
- Cafe Intermezzo
- Elixr Coffee Roasters
- The Frothy Monkey
- Humphreys Street Coffee Shop
- White Bison
- Dose Coffee Shop
- Tin Cup Coffee
- 8th and Roast
Fun for Teens in Nashville
Fine Arts Museum
If you and your teen are art fanatics, be sure to stop by the Frist Center for the Visual Arts. This well known attraction is a great place to visit for the entire family.
The great thing about this museum is that they have various exhibits throughout the year, so you can visit time and time again!
In addition to regular art, photography, and things to explore, you can also join in the fun with some of their interactive activities. Some are geared towards younger kids, but many can be enjoyed by teens and even adults!
If you ask me, it doesn’t matter how old you get; you can never be too old for a trip to the zoo. There is so much to do and see at The Nashville Zoo, it’s hard to take it all in, in just one day!
In addition to all your favorite zoo animals, you can stop by the Adventure 4D Theater, take a ride on the carousel, or hop on board the Wilderness Express Train!
Oh, and be sure to check out their animal experiences. Feed a lorikeet, get up close to a kangaroo, or interact with goats.
Nashville Shores Waterpark
Head to Percy Priest Lake and float on the lazy river, plunge down a massive water slide, or get soaked in the enormous wave pool.
If you are in the mood for a little more relaxation, rent a cabana for the day. No matter what you do, I am confident you will enjoy basking in the sun while hanging out at this fun waterpark.
More Things to do with Teen in Nashville
Picnic at Park
One of my favorite parts of traveling to Nashville is all the different people and cultures. You will find lots of visitors at the Bicentennial Capitol Mall State Park. Be sure to take in the environment because it’s lots of fun! There is much to see, so why not throw together a quick picnic?
You can stop by one of the local eats and grab some grub or make your own sandwiches. Either way, you can kick back, relax, check out the fountain, and enjoy some quiet time.
Hike Edwin Warner Park and Percy Warner Park
Another place to take in the beautiful Tennesee scenery is the Edwin Warner Park and Percy Warner Park.
They are two of Nashville’s most beautiful parks. Trails for walking and biking can all be found in these parks, which are about 20-minutes outside of downtown Nashville.
The buzz around Nashville can be a blast, but sometimes you want a little bit of peace. This is where these parks really shine. They offer lots of hiking trails and beautiful greenery. Plus, you can even go on a horseback ride.
Nashville Attractions for Teens
There is so much to see and do, it’s pretty impossible to get bored! Check out these teen-worthy picks.
One of our ultimate picks for things for teenagers to do in Nashville is to check out the city’s iconic murals. Plus, they make for the most incredible photos.
Four Neighborhoods with Clusters of Street Art
The four venues listed below are excellent places to see murals in Nashville. Each one is located in an easy-to-find location and has a wealth of artistic material. Visits to murals could be readily incorporated into your agenda.
Nashville’s Downtown Core
The downtown area is not included in the Nashville Murals tour, although there is an abundance of street art. It’s pretty fun to take a self-guided walking tour to see them all. Situated in between the pubs and galleries of downtown, they are easy to access. Continue down Fifth Avenue past the Ryman until you reach Church Street to see the stunning artwork!
Stop by and view Chris Zidek Whiskey Kitchen Mural, or take your photo by the What Lifts You Wings mural by Kelsey Montague at The Gulch! Plus, there are plenty of other murals to see too.
While you are there, you aren’t going to want to miss out on the food, Photowalk Nashville, and entertainment in that area either.
The 12South Neighborhood
If you and your teenager love to take selfies, this is a great spot to stop at. There are many murals that beg for you to snap a photo with lots of bright colors and themes too.
Elliston Place Garage
Head just east of Centennial Park to find this amazing project. Pretty sure you have never seen a parking garage like this before. Every bit of it is covered with beautiful artwork. Be sure to check it out!
Must See Attractions
Each of these attractions will keep your teenager excited, and they may even learn a thing or two.
Grand Ole Opry
Whether you are downright passionate about music or are just curious about the history, you truly can’t miss checking out the Grand Ole Opry!
Belle Meade Plantation
Find out all about the history of the south while taking in the views of this fabulous plantation. While this may not be for every teen, most will enjoy the 45-minute tour.
Another fun stop for the music enthusiasts out there. Be sure to find out if there are any concerts going on during your visit. All of the music festivals and concerts are free, so enjoy the unique entertainment.
Honky Tonk Highway
The Honky Tonk Highway is just what it sounds like. It’s a street in Nashville that has a little bit of everything. Grab a burger at Alan Jackson’s Bar or stop by Savannah’s Candy Kitchen.
More Ideas Your Teen Will Love
If you like these fun things to do in Nashville with teens, then check out a few more of our favorite travel spots for teens.
- Fun Things to do in Las Vegas – How suitable is Las Vegas for teenagers or children? Are they going to have a good time? The question is whether or not they have enough to do. If you’re unsure whether or not it’s a good idea to take your kids to Las Vegas, we have some answers for you. With teenagers in tow, Las Vegas has a plethora of fun activities. Exciting tour alternatives include zip lines, roller coasters, ATV or dune buggy driving, and even shooting ranges.
- Fun Things To Do in San Diego for Teens – Families traveling to San Diego, CA with teenagers will have no shortage of fun things to do. Your teenagers will have no issue disconnecting with the world of social media (for a while at least) to enjoy all the activities you have planned, whether they be exciting outdoor excursions or instructional (but entertaining) museum visits.
- Fun Things To Do in Los Angeles for Teens – The City of Angels is a well-known tourist destination for people of all ages, but teens will find the city full of thrilling activities, experiences, and activities. This Southern California city has plenty to offer every kind of adolescent, from the intellectual to the adventurous to the die hard shopper.