Inside: 27 Necessary Art Supplies for Your Teens Next Project.
They have a lot of ideas out there and if your teen is overflowing with creativity, but they lack the resources to turn those ideas into reality. It’s a matter of finding the right projects!
In order to help a young person hone their skills, you may want to upgrade their gear as their dedication grows. For the time being, you should let children try with these art materials on their own. To help young artists get started, we’ve developed a list of the most useful supplies and equipment.
Table of Contents
Cool Art Supplies for Teens
1. Canvas Panel 12 Pack: For a low price, canvas boards may make paintings look much more professional than those on regular sheets of paper. They don’t need much storage space and provide a more genuine learning environment for the student. Acrylic or oil paint, not watercolor, should be used on these boards.
2. Micron Pens: Fun to use and available in multiple lengths, this pack of Micron pens is a great value. When used for outlining drawings, they perform excellently.
3. Prismacolor Colored Pencils: Many other, less expensive varieties of colored pencils have been tested, but none compare to these. They beautifully apply color to paper. The range of colors is breathtaking. Using Prismacolor, you can’t go wrong. While the graphic provides a link to a set of 23, more sizes are available.
4. Eraser Set: It’s not uncommon to need to erase a tiny spot, but standard erasers are often too bulky for the job. It felt like magic to discover these mechanical erasers. The width of this first mechanical eraser is rather small compared to the second.
5. Blending Stubs: These blending stubs are fantastic and can enhance your work tremendously!
6. Pelikan Watercolor Set: Obsessed with these watercolors! So pretty and get the job done beautifully.
Art Sets for Teens
7. Posca Paint Markers – The white comes out looking really crisp and brilliant, making them great for highlighting any sketches you might be working on. The versatility of these tools makes them ideal for use in a wide variety of artistic endeavors, including the creation of hand-lettered signs and the bold elaboration of hand-lettered text. Dots, lines, and squiggles are all great options for embellishing your abstract creations.
8. Blick Studio Aluminum Tripod Travel Easel: We recommend this compact, foldable easel for those who are pressed for storage space.
9. Painter’s Leaning Bridge: Smudging brand-new paint with your arm is the worst possible thing that can happen. If you ask us, a bridge would be a great gift for your favorite painter so that they may continue working in peace.
10. Oil Paint Set: Traditional oil paint set by ZenART, the Essential Palette, is non-toxic, highly pigmented, and has a buttery consistency that painters like. The colors it creates on canvas are stunning and will stand out in any setting.
11. A Smudgeguard: Your digital artist will appreciate a plush smudge guard if they spend a lot of time drawing on a tablet. The use of a smudge guard prevents ink from smudging on digital artwork when working on a tablet. This is a special glove worn by artists to prevent the smudges that make using styluses tricky.
12. Portable Lightbox Tracers: Make tracing and duplicating simple and quick for the creative person in your life. The light from a portable tracing table can be taken anywhere.
13. Speedball 6-Nib Calligraphy Lettering Set: Your teen is sure to have fun experimenting with this set!
Art Supplies for Teenage Girl and Boy
These teen art materials have everything a young artist might want or need.
14. Pro Art 18-Piece Sketch/Draw Pencil Set: Having the proper equipment is crucial for producing high-quality drawings. This comprises graphite sticks, charcoal, pencils of varied softnesses, blending tools, etc.
15. Conte Crayon 18 Box Set: When I draw, I almost always use Conte crayons. It’s comparable to chalk pastels, except it doesn’t generate as much dust. Those hues are stunning, and they mix quite well.
16. Artify Marker Set: Different line widths are available, allowing artists to effortlessly experiment with different styles, drawings, and patterns.
17. Gold Watercolors: You may take an already fantastic watercolor sketch and take it to the next level with the help of these gold watercolors in a range of tones.
18. Square Watercolor Journal: Not only are the square pages ideal for your next Instagram post, but they are also not too frightening for fast sketching.
19. MozArt Water Brushes: These water brushes are a game changer when it comes to art.
20. Neon Watercolor Paint Set: These neon watercolors are insanely pretty and a must-have for any budding artist.
Best Art Supplies for Teenager
21. White Gel Pen: I love the texture of using gel pens. They are so smooth, and you can do all sorts of projects with them, and have precise lines.
22. Chalk Pastels: Anyone who loves working with chalk will go wild for this set. They are beautiful pastels, and the options are endless!
23. Wacom Intuos Graphics Drawing Tablet: Not going to lie, even I am a little bit jealous of this drawing tablet. Bring your artwork to a whole new level of awesome!
24. Gelli Printing: Be prepared to have a blast when you try these Gelli printing!
25. Liquitex BASICS Acrylic Paint Tube 48-Piece Set: For acrylic painting, I always reach for Liquitex Basics. There is a wide variety of gorgeous colors to choose from, and the paint will endure for years without breaking the bank.
26. Pro Art 18-Piece Sketch/Draw Pencil Set: Having the proper equipment is crucial for producing high-quality drawings. Included in this category are various drawing implements such as graphite sticks, charcoal, pencils of varying hardnesses, blending stumps, etc. We think you’ll find this to be an excellent foundational set.
27. Pentel Arts Oil Pastels, 50 Color Set: You absolutely need oil pastels. In addition to being from a company I adore, this palette boasts fifty different shades. I could spend hours coloring with oil pastels.
More Fun Ideas for Teens
If you like these ideas for art supplies for teens then check out a few more of our favorite fun ideas for
- Best Movies to Watch with Teens – As a family, we like nothing more than watching a good movie together while munching on some popcorn and snuggling up in front of the television. However, there is always the same issue: what should we watch? Which may seem simple, but in practice has proven challenging. Read on for some of our preferred movies for a home viewing party.
- Cool Blog Ideas for Teens –If your teen is enthusiastic about blogging, you may want to suggest some interesting blog subjects for teens. Having a list of potential writing subjects to peruse can be extremely useful for people who struggle to find their creative footing when putting pen to paper.
- Business Ideas for Teens –Here are some of our favorite business ideas for teens to help them get started if they are motivated but cannot find a job due to scheduling conflicts or age restrictions.