Inside: Best board games for teens that you need in your home.
In this modern world, connecting with our teenagers can be a challenge. You are battling for their attention from things like their phones, the tv, and video games. So how do you carve out some quality time without it feeling like a punishment?
Two words for you: Board Games.
Sure, they have the word board in them, but your teens will be anything but! The problem is that it can be hard to know which board games are good and which are bust…
I am here to help show you the way – here are the board games my teens love the most!
Below you will find a list of some of the newest and coolest board games for teenagers that we love. You never know when the opportunity for some fun with happen, so you need to be ready. Teens like options, so you will need to have a few.
Board Games for Teens
Okay, so these days, there are so many new and awesome games for you to choose from; it can be hard to know which ones are meant for families. The list below is some of the most fun board games for teens you can play that your teens are guaranteed to love.
1. Throw Throw Burrito – Yep, you read the name of this game right. And I promise it is only going to get crazier from here.
2. Exploding Kittens – Exploding kittens is technically a card game, but it fits into the family fun category to I had to include it. You’ll find a few on this list like that.
3. Gatwick Games: Goat Lords – “Get ready for the most exciting Goat game of your life; expect high drama, uncontrollable laughter & fast action strategy in this popular game. ”
4. Do You Really Know Your Family? – “See who really knows the family best as you answer fun questions about each other while sparking interesting conversations.”
5. Taboo Game –“It’s the game where players get teammates to say the Guess word without saying any of the 5 Taboo words on the cards”
6. Letterpool Game Idea – “This group family word game is easy & straightforward to play, ensuring a quick, easy setup so you can get straight to having FUN! Simply pick your tiles and be first to shout out a word corresponding to the card topic to gain points and WIN!”
7. Kids Against Maturity – “Kids Against Maturity combines the tried and tested fill-in-the- blank game-play, a perfect enjoyable hilarious way to bring your family together.”
8. The Chameleon Idea – “A sneaky family board game of social deduction where players must race to catch the chameleon before It’s too late”
9. Double Ditto Idea – “Double Ditto is a fast paced family game that can be played with kids 8 years & up to adults.”
10. Who’s Most Likely To – “250 prompt cards to decide who in the group is MOST LIKELY TO…”
11. Smart Ass – “Play Smart Ass, the game where it’s OK to yell out the answer, even when it’s not your turn”
12. Super Skills Idea – “Show off your skills in various types of challenges. Be the first player to complete 10 challenges and win the game.”
13. Escape Room In a Box – “You have to solve 19 mental and physical puzzles before a mad scientist turns you into werewolves—and you have only an hour to do it!”
14. Artsy Fartsy Idea – “Award-winning family-friendly party game with plenty of fresh (and unfresh) categories and content that will have you drawing and guessing things that are fun to draw and even funnier to guess.”
15. Bamboozled Board Game – “Bluff your way to victory in this hilarious new dice game! Bamboozled is party style bluffing game where players must roll the dice and tie or beat the previous player, but if they don’t they have to bluff!”
16. Cover Your Assets – “Fast-paced, competitive, more than a little addicting, and now with an updated look! Compete by building a stack of matching asset cards.
17. Taco Cat Goat Cheese Pizza – “Fast paced laugh out loud fun for any get together.”
18. Guess In 10 Animal Planet – “Divide yourselves up in teams, or play one on one, ask up to 10 questions to guess the animal on the Game Card! ”
19. I Should Have Known That – “Is starboard on the left or right side of a boat? How do you say â€œjapanâ€ in japanese? Is a penguin a bird? How long did sleeping beauty actually sleep?“
20. The Logo Board Game – “It’s the game of things you know and love! From chocolate to cereal, football to flowers, soap to shoes—they all have LOGOs!”
Classic Games You Need
I had to create a list of the basics that everyone needs. You may have some of these, but I know there is something on this list that you don’t. It’s important to have the classics because they have been played throughout your childhood as well, meaning you have the opportunity to connect with your child in a unique way.
21. Scrabble Idea
23. Clue Board Game
24. Chutes and Ladders
25. Connect Four Idea
27. Sorry Game
28. Game of Life
29. Jumanji Game
30. Pictionary Board Games
31. Risk Idea
32. Candy Land Idea
33. Yahtzee Idea
34. Monopoly Idea
Board Games for Teens You Need On Hand
Lastly, I wanted to end this list with some of the best games you can play with your teens. These are unique, fun, and easy to play. I know that these board games for teens are the key to making some wonderful memories with your teens.
36. Beat That – “Ever had the satisfaction of throwing a paper ball in the bin from across the room? Well, that feeling is what this game is all about. ”
37. Code Names Idea – “Work together to contact all of your agents before the other team!”
38. Cranium Idea – “Players can show off their talents. Move around the board completing activities in 4 fun categories.”
39. Spoof Bluffing Game – “Spoof is the hilarious bluffing board game that will have you talking and laughing all night. Provides the best party games for adults and family.”
40. Ticket to Ride Game – “Build your tracks across the United States in this fast-paced and strategic board game. Connect iconic North American cities across a map of the 20th-century USA and build your train routes to earn points.”
41. Wordle Idea – “This is a word game board that everyone will love.”
42. Unstable Unicorns “Build a Unicorn Army. Betray Your Friends. Unicorns are Your Friends Now.”
43. Connected Clues – “A competitive phrase guessing card game for 3-10 players that tests your knowledge of popular movies, tv shows, music, sports, games, food, and more!”
44. Outrageous Family – “Outrageous is a hot party game, where players use their creativity to come up with witty, unique, & hilarious answers to modern-day prompts.”
45. Mansion of Madness – “This fully cooperative board game of horror and mystery takes place in the same universe as Arkham Horror 3rd Edition.”
46. Mustachio – “Strategy, Trickery, Nuts…and Mustaches! 🥸 ➟ Get ready for a one-of-a-kind strategy card game that will have you addicted almost immediately! ”
47. Relative Insanity –“Relative Insanity, you read a setup card aloud, like “When my brother brought out his new baby to show the family, Granny blurted out…””
48. Trekking Through History – “Meet legendary people and join remarkable events as you try to see all you can before the clock runs out during family game night.”
49. Social Skills Board Games “Helps develop and learn new social skills and behaviors while playing and laughing with friends and family.”
50. This Game Is Bonkers – “This fun family board game is a wild race to 12 points! Based on the Track Card’s instructions, players move forward and back, as they plot their path or sabotage opponents.”
51. New Phone Who Dis – “This party game is hilarious fun for your entire family to enjoy!
Okay, that is all I have for you. This is a wonderful place to start in terms of finding a fun way to connect with your teens off-screen. I would recommend investing in these one at a time, so you get a good feel for which style of games your teens enjoy most.
If you loved these game ideas, then you have to check out some of my other ones! I have a lot. What can I say…I love having fun!