Inside: Dress Pattern Ideas for Teens
Making your own clothes is a dwindling art that keeps getting smaller and smaller because of our fast-paced society, and the cheapness of clothes at clothing stores. But there are so many amazing parts about making your own clothes that are lost when you just grab for the nearest thing off the wrack.
When you take the time to make your clothes, you get such a sense of accomplishment when it’s finished. You’re able to create exactly what you want, in exactly the right size. Your perfect piece of clothing gets to become real!
One of my favorite things to create is dresses for my teens. It can be a great bonding experience for us as well, and when the product is finished they love it that much more. It just makes me so happy! So I wanted to share some of my favorite dress patterns for teenage girls with you, that way you can also have this experience with your girls!
If you are a teen who is interested in creating her own dress, all the better! It is such an awesome skill that will benefit you for the rest of your life. It can also be seen as a form of meditation and creative outlet. It’s time spent focussing on one thing, you can clear your head and just get into it.
Taking up making clothes can also turn into quite a fun career when you start early enough. You never know what kind of skills your teen has until they start practicing. After all, Rome wasn’t built in a day…and neither will one of these dresses! It takes time, patience, and lots of practice.
I like to listen to a good podcast while I work, or even an audio book. It really immerses me in my craft and I feel like I can just go for hours and hours without getting tired. I have a blast the whole time. So go ahead and give it a try while you are in the process of making one of these beauties, it should be fun!
Sewing Patterns for Teenage Dresses
This first list is full of adorable dress patterns that are not only the cutest but also pretty easy on the pockets too! Most of them are under 10$. So you really can’t go wrong! I made sure to put a good mix of different styles and techniques so there is something here for everyone.
Take a look with your teen to see which one they like the most!
1. Tea Dress
2. Summer Cover Up Dress
3. Venice Dress
4. Malibu Dress
5. Adorable Marigold Dress
6. Bali Pattern
7. Simple Napoli Dress
8. Tofino Dress Pattern
9. Banksia Dress Pattern
10. Simple Tea Dress
11. Cute Long Sleeve Jasmine Dress
12. Cute Mini Cami Dress
13. Lose Ruffled Summer Dress
14. Green Dress with Laceback
15. Lacey Long Dress
16. Butterfly Sleeve Bow Tie
Dress Patterns for Tweens
If you have a tween at home, then this next list is the one for you. These are some of the best dresses out there for those that are in between double digits and teen-hood. They range from simple to detailed and you can have your tween see which one they like the best! My vote is between number 24 and number 22.
They are both just so perfect…I may just have to make more than one.
17. Princess Seam Dress
18. Cute Mallory Tween Dress
19. Poppy Dress
20. Bloomsbury Girl Dress
21. Bristol Summer Dress
22. Sage Tween Dress
23. Misthaven Dress Pattern
24. Cascading Dress
25. Tiered Summer Dress
26. Liberty Sewing Dress
27. Faux Wrap Pattern
Free Dress Patterns for Teenage Girls
If you are looking to save some money, do not worry! I totally understand that fabric and sewing string can end up costing, so you may not want to have to pay for the pattern too. I made sure to include a good list of adorable free dress patterns from one of my favorite sewing sites.
Take a look, and remember that each on of these can be done in the measurements that you require, so you can do anything you like!
28. The Elderberry Dress
29. The Sweetbay Dress
30. The Maisel Dress
31. The Cicely Dress
32. The Mal Dress with Pockets
33. Simple Wrap Dress
34. The Yarrow Dress
35. The Water Lily Dress
36. The Zenobia Dress
37. The Spruce Dress
There you have it, 37 dress patterns for your teen. Aren’t they just to die for? You can save this article to your favorites or bookmark it to be able to look back on it next time you need some creative dress insporation. Now if you’ll excuse me, I have a trip to the fabric store to make. And so do you! I’ll see you there.
More Teen Style Ideas You’ll Love
- WHAT TO WEAR TO AN INTERVIEW AS A TEEN + OUTFIT IDEAS – With summer coming up, your teen may be on the hunt for a summer job, hooray! There are so many benefits to having a summer job when you’re a teen: You get to expand your social circle, learn new skills, build your resume, and of course…make some money. Working can be so fun, but before you get there you sort of need to…you know…get the job. Interviewing can be one of the most stressful parts of the process but it’s helpful to know some tips on the basics, such as what to wear! Check out this article on what to wear to an interview, as well as check out some of the cool outfit Ideas that are included. After this, you will feel ready to crush this!
- 31+ OF THE CUTEST ONE PIECE SWIMSUITS FOR TEENS – It’s swimsuit season! Well, almost. Arguably, every season is swimsuit season when you think about it. I mean…pools exist, don’t they? So even if it’s not summer when you are reading this, then this article is still handy! Here I’ve listed over 31 of the absolute cute one piece swimsuits for teens to help kickstart your collection. I find that one-piece bathing suits are the comfiest of all swimwear, while still being able to be stylish and adorable while you’re swimming. So check these out!
- 27+ COOL ART SUPPLIES FOR TEENS NEXT BIG PROJECT – If your teen is itching to get their creativity on, then you have to take a look at this list of amazing art supplies. These are things that are so helpful to have around the house for whenever that artistic vision strikes because we all know how it can come out of nowhere. The last thing you want is for your teen to be all excited about a project just to come to find out you have none of the supplies. Yeah, that is a catastrophe better left avoided. So check these out and add them to your cart!